Main Menu

FRIDAY Kid

Started by Tripoli, January 20, 2024, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Damn.  The Friday thread is coming in late today....

Little bit of Skynyrd for today.  This is what an outtake was for these boys. 

Me?  Working on judging the Flashpoint Campaign tournament
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

No Man's Sky and Terra Invicta.  Waiting on Enshrouded for next weeks early access.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

It's been years since I finished Skyrim and I got nostalgic. Gonna play that until I get bored...haven't yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tanaka

Dominions 6 of course! Loving all of the new changes!

nelmsm

Probably nothing this weekend but the girlfriend is leaving for Worcester MA to start her new job on Wednesday and I am staying here to start packing up the house and take care of the dogs while she works and hunts a place for us to live.  So I'm probably looking at the better part of 6 weeks of mostly bachelor time and plenty of gaming. 

Fetrik

Maybe some Dominions 6 or continue my Dwarf campaign in Warhammer 3 with the SFO mod.

Geezer

Quote from: nelmsm on January 21, 2024, 12:28:45 AMProbably nothing this weekend but the girlfriend is leaving for Worcester MA to start her new job on Wednesday...

I went to WPI many moons ago.  Worcester was a great college town back then.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

I am so hyped for the upcoming Masters of the Air TV series coming out, that I went on a buying spree and purchased a bunch of bomber focused board wargames.  Not to mention, will immediately be picking up the remaster B-17 bomber game coming out on Tuesday.  So probably not a lot of actual playing, lot of reading rules:)

- B-17 Fortress Leader
- Target for Today
- B-17 Queen of the Skies
- 8th Air Force
- 20th Air Force (pacific focused but still bomber)

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

WYBaugh

I'm a Jacksonville native.  My office is in the vicinity of all the downtown pictures shown.

Phantom

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 21, 2024, 07:23:04 AMI am so hyped for the upcoming Masters of the Air TV series coming out, that I went on a buying spree and purchased a bunch of bomber focused board wargames.  Not to mention, will immediately be picking up the remaster B-17 bomber game coming out on Tuesday.  So probably not a lot of actual playing, lot of reading rules:)

- B-17 Fortress Leader
- Target for Today
- B-17 Queen of the Skies
- 8th Air Force
- 20th Air Force (pacific focused but still bomber)

I've read Masters of the Air and will hopefully see the series. B17 Fortress Leader is a good game, as is Target for Today if you like a narrative type experience (like QOTS). Haven't played the others but 8th Air Force is similar "scale" to B17 FFL, probably easier to grasp I think and looks interesting. Being a Brit I also own Bomber Command - a really different take to other bomber games but a great game as well. Enjoy!

Grim.Reaper

Thanks, looked at bomber command but seems more for 2 players, looking for pure solo.  But I will be picking up target for tonight as well.

W8taminute

Quote from: nelmsm on January 21, 2024, 12:28:45 AMProbably nothing this weekend but the girlfriend is leaving for Worcester MA to start her new job on Wednesday and I am staying here to start packing up the house and take care of the dogs while she works and hunts a place for us to live.  So I'm probably looking at the better part of 6 weeks of mostly bachelor time and plenty of gaming. 

Worcester is in my backyard.  Pass by it everyday on my way to work.  They've done a great job over the years to clean up and build up the city from when I was a kid.  You two should like it there if you don't mind cold temps and lots of snow.

If you ever need to get your bearings let me know. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

nelmsm

Quote from: W8taminute on January 21, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: nelmsm on January 21, 2024, 12:28:45 AMProbably nothing this weekend but the girlfriend is leaving for Worcester MA to start her new job on Wednesday and I am staying here to start packing up the house and take care of the dogs while she works and hunts a place for us to live.  So I'm probably looking at the better part of 6 weeks of mostly bachelor time and plenty of gaming. 

Worcester is in my backyard.  Pass by it everyday on my way to work.  They've done a great job over the years to clean up and build up the city from when I was a kid.  You two should like it there if you don't mind cold temps and lots of snow.

If you ever need to get your bearings let me know. 

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I grew up in NW Illinois and the girlfriend lived in Alaska for 22 years so she won't bat an eye and I'm sure I can get used to it again.  I've already hooked up with a wargaming group in Gardner so looking forward to actually getting to play some of my board wargames face to face.  I'm really looking forward to the move as I've never been that way but think there should be a lot of great hiking opportunities and neither of us like Memphis at all.  I feel like I should be carrying just to go to the grocery store here and I'd rather drive rush hour in Houston then Memphis any time of day.

W8taminute

There's definitely plenty of hiking to be had that's for sure.  Worcester is close to Mt. Wachusett which is great for hiking during the summer months.

Glad to see you found a wargaming community and in Gardner of all places!  Let me know how that goes when you get here.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk