Arms Trade Tycoon: Tanks

Started by Geezer, February 06, 2024, 08:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

It launched this morning on Steam in Early Access.  Price is $26.99.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1662210/Arms_Trade_Tycoon_Tanks/

Looks like one of those games that ".. has a lot of potential but needs work".  It's on my wishlist but I'm not going to get it any time soon.  Already have too many games to be a paying beta tester.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Geezer on February 06, 2024, 08:52:00 AMLooks like one of those games that ".. has a lot of potential but needs work".  It's on my wishlist but I'm not going to get it any time soon.  Already have too many games to be a paying beta tester.

+1, looks interesting, but I'll wait until it cooks in the oven a bit more.

While I am sympathetic to devs trying to do new things...and have generally seen some good "early access" games, I have too many games that just did not seem to go far after initial early access release...some of them even becoming abandon-ware.

I know Microprose is behind this, but so far I think their offerings have been hit and miss; Carrier Command 2 was put into early access in an almost unplayable state and it took many months for it to be fixed.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

Thanks for the FYI Geezer.  Will keep my eye on this and wait for full release.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CaptainKoloth

The early reviews on this are pretty dire. This pretty quickly went from "almost certain day one buy" to "quite possibly never buy" for me.

I feel like I keep reminding people of this elsewhere but the new Microprose has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Microprose we knew and loved. It's some investors who bought the name. It's still very unclear to me if they are going to turn out to be a label worthy of the time, and this is one more piece of evidence not in their favor.

And by the way, if anyone wants a fantastic hidden gem game that is what I think people want this game to be, check out Sprocket.

Gusington

I will probably love this once it has matured a little more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on February 06, 2024, 12:41:12 PMThe early reviews on this are pretty dire. This pretty quickly went from "almost certain day one buy" to "quite possibly never buy" for me.

I feel like I keep reminding people of this elsewhere but the new Microprose has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Microprose we knew and loved. It's some investors who bought the name. It's still very unclear to me if they are going to turn out to be a label worthy of the time, and this is one more piece of evidence not in their favor.

This is true, and I've been very skeptical and disappointed with the mostly fluff that has come out of MP since its "rebirth", but I would expect good things to come. We know they are working on some great projects with some very talented teams. Also, the CEO, David Lagettie, has a good simulations pedigree. He ran Bohemia Interactive and founded Titan IM. Both these companies produced high quality, professional grade simulations used by several military organizations. I keep holding out for a real winner from MP. I know they can do it.

Admittedly though, Arms Trade Tycoon is probably not going to be it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18