Started by spelk, April 23, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

From this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3086138

New titles announced by Director of Development Iain McNeil:

Legends of War - More to come soon!
Pandora: First Contact - Q4 2012: A 4x strategy game
Sovereignty - Q3 2012: Region-based grand-campaign strategy game.
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue - More to come soon!
Field of Glory: Unity Update - Will be free for original owners, Q3 2012
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog -Last Close Combat game using current engine, aiming for Q4 2012
Commander: The Great War - More to come tomorrow!
Panzer Corps: Afrika Corps - Q2012 - More to come soon! Q3 Panzer Corps will come to the Mac, Q4 will have Allied Pack
Battle Academy: Android version - Q4 2012
Conquest! for iOS/Android - May release, waiting for Apple approval, marketed as a lite wargame
Great Battles Medieval: iPad version - Coming Q2 2012
Field of Glory: Tablet versions - Q4 2012 after Unity update
Field of Glory digital book version - Coming soon! Beta version will be viewed by press
Panzer Corps on iPad - Q3 2012

Ubercat

Well, it's about damn time they add Rommel's DAK to Panzer Corps. I'll probably buy it now.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

Wow that hotel is something else! Can't wait to get Commander: The Great War and more info on Sovereignty.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

or, y'know, they could've poured the money from that hotel into some decent back end software on their websites.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^Back end software doesn't give you plush pink frilly pillows!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Surely wargamers only need a foxhole and a jerrycan of Brandy?... more games, less hospitaliy suites please! :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: spelk on April 23, 2012, 12:49:07 PM
Surely wargamers only need a foxhole and a jerrycan of Brandy?... more games, less hospitaliy suites please! :)

Speak for yourself. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 23, 2012, 10:25:34 AM
or, y'know, they could've poured the money from that hotel into some decent back end software on their websites.

Well, that or to pay their employees. One quit because he hadn't had a raise in a couple of years.

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

I got news that Slitherine had just secured a co-branding deal with the History Channel. They paid good money to get the BBC's logo on one of their games. I suspect the same deal here.

Priorities, priorities...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

LongBlade

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on April 23, 2012, 01:56:11 PM

Well, that or to pay their employees. One quit because he hadn't had a raise in a couple of years.

I got news that Slitherine had just secured a co-branding deal with the History Channel. They paid good money to get the BBC's logo on one of their games. I suspect the same deal here.

Well if they got the History Channel then I fully expect a Swamp People, Ax Men, Pawn Stars and American Pickers game releases.  God knows the history channels doesn't actually show any history programing any more. 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on April 23, 2012, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 23, 2012, 01:56:11 PM

Well if they got the History Channel then I fully expect a Swamp People, Ax Men, Pawn Stars and American Pickers game releases.  God knows the history channels doesn't actually show any history programing any more.

Remember, Slitherine is well known for its wargaming classic, Ice Road Truckers, so I'm sure you're right about that.

As much as I love Swamp People, I'm not convinced Swamp People The FPS is going to be better than IRT. However Pawn Stars the RPG? That sounds like a winner. Especially if I get to work the night shift with Peaches.

Bison

There was an Ice Road Truckers game?  Where the hell have I been?

JasonPratt

Slitherine has been co-branding with the History Channel for a while.

(And not overly good games, either.)

I'm more curious about the final CC game: a hint that there will be a new engine soon? (THANK GOD!!) And what would Panthers in the Fog be? They've already covered (the update of) Bulge. Could it be a totally new game on the old engine, somewhere that hasn't been gamed much? Invasion of Norway maybe?  (Would other '39/early 40 campaigns make any sense with that title?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Keunert

The game i am going to buy a 100% is Victor Rijkers new Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, this guy makes the games that hit my sweet wargaming spot..
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo