Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

So, if I decide it becomes time to complete my Total War collection and go for the Warhammer series, would I need to buy both 1 and 2? I read something about them being part of a trilogy and you can only access the big ass complete super overworld campaign if you own both? Which of the two would you start with if you'd only buy one title first?
It's not for immediate purchase, but perhaps in the next sale.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

The Mortal Empires campaign becomes available this Thursday, October 26, IIRC. I own the first Warhammer game but not the second, and have not played it yet. If reviews are good for Mortal Empires, I will get the second game (and finally fire up the first, quicker).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

@Yskonyn If you want go play both i strongt suggest starting with WH1. Many feel that some improvements make it hard to go back to WH1 after playing  WH2. Also the first one may still be 50% off.

I have enjoyed both of them and yesterday istarted a new campaign in mortal empires.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Fetrik on October 27, 2017, 03:24:55 AM
@Yskonyn If you want go play both i strongt suggest starting with WH1. Many feel that some improvements make it hard to go back to WH1 after playing  WH2. Also the first one may still be 50% off.

I have enjoyed both of them and yesterday istarted a new campaign in mortal empires.

So can you clarify this mortal empires thing ? I have both games and all the DLC. Is ME just a big map with the stuff from only WH2 ? As I read it somewhere once ME was available I wouldn't need WH1 any more. Bit confused as to what ME actually is. Am aware they have put both maps together but the way I read things all factions would be available on the ME map as one  big game ... So why would I need to play WH1 any more...?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Yskonyn

Thanks! I am not yet going to pull the trigger. If it is 50% off now it will definately be featured in another sale again.  \m/
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Zulu: for Mortal Empires to work you need both games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 27, 2017, 10:37:13 AM
Zulu: for Mortal Empires to work you need both games.

You need to OWN both games, but I don't believe both games need to be INSTALLED.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

spacht

From the Mortal Empires FAQ:

Do I need to have both games installed?
No, you only need Total War: WARHAMMER II installed to play Mortal Empires, you just need to own Total War: WARHAMMER. Mortal Empires is accessible through the Campaigns menu in the WARHAMMER II frontend.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Zulu1966

Quote from: Gusington on October 27, 2017, 11:08:20 AM
Clear as mud!

I think its sort of clear. I think I knew I didnt need WH1 installed - and that I did need to own WH1. Whats not clear is what content is from WH1 is available in ME. Seems to suggest you can play a sandbox campaign with all factions - so presumably that means you can play all WH1 content with WH 2 improvement - the only thing not available are the WH1 campaigns .... I think ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Fetrik

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 27, 2017, 01:28:54 PM
I think its sort of clear. I think I knew I didnt need WH1 installed - and that I did need to own WH1. Whats not clear is what content is from WH1 is available in ME. Seems to suggest you can play a sandbox campaign with all factions - so presumably that means you can play all WH1 content with WH 2 improvement - the only thing not available are the WH1 campaigns .... I think ...

Yeah, only reason to fire up wh1 again is if you want to play that campaign.

There are changes to start positions and the map is a little different, which means the experience for some races will be much changed compared to a regular campaign in wh1 or wh2 with the same race.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 27, 2017, 07:28:44 AM

Thanks! I am not yet going to pull the trigger. If it is 50% off now it will definately be featured in another sale again.  \m/

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-warhammer   shows as € 14,99 to me (or -75%)    (Fanatical=Bundle Stars)

code FANATICAL10 should get you an extra 10%

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
I've been holding out for some sort of Total War: Warhammer Commander Edition or something that bundles up some DLCs with the base game for one low, low price.

Anyone see that on the horizon?  I can wait for a Xmas sale, but $13.50 is pretty sweet.  The DLCs will drive that price way up, though, even on discount.

I should have posted this here instead of in the sale thread.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

So guys, whats the verdict on the big unified campaign mode? Should I definately gear up to get both games come Christmas?  :knuppel2:

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 12, 2017, 03:13:51 AM
So guys, whats the verdict on the big unified campaign mode? Should I definately gear up to get both games come Christmas?  :knuppel2:

Big write up at RPS