Main Menu

War in the West

Started by jomni, September 05, 2013, 09:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

FYI War in the West has entered the beta stage. Matrix is recruiting testers.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Weren't they gonna be redoing WitE?

jomni

That's after WitW.
This has been in development for quite a while.

SgtRock

I thought War in the Med (WitM) was next after War in the West (WitW), no?  I'll likely skip WitW, it doesn't include North Africa or contain a naval model (which I want, and is expected in WitM).

jomni

Quote from: SgtRock on September 06, 2013, 11:47:29 AM
I thought War in the Med (WitM) was next after War in the West (WitW), no?  I'll likely skip WitW, it doesn't include North Africa or contain a naval model (which I want, and is expected in WitM).

Or might as well wait for War in Europe.  All "War in" titles combined.

Staggerwing

Or wait for Ron Dockal's latest game to be finished.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

Looks good. I'm now wondering whether to wait and buy Ron Dockal's WW2 extravaganza when it comes out, or this monster. I hope Ron has improved the interface from AGW, to full mouse support. It's a poser. Do you think when this is done Mr Grigsby will then combine War in the East with War in the West for a full blown ETO game?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

ComradeP

From the Matrix forums:

The Future: War in the ... and beyond
•   War in the East 2.0 - a remake of War in the East using the War in the West engine and new map system (another building block foe the mega game).
•   War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)
•   War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)
•   War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived!
•   World at War: A World Divided – iPad
•   Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

SgtRock

War in the East 2.0 - hope this comes with a big discount!
War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med) - sounds good
War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)  - looking forward for the naval model (WitW meets WitP - yes)!
War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived! As a fan of WitP, WitP/AE even I'm not sure it will be playable in 1944-1945, if it includes Russia WitE.

Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - by 2022-2024, will PC's still be around by then?

Staggerwing

Maybe it will be available for the Holodeck OS by then.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: SgtRock on September 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - by 2022-2024, will PC's still be around by then?

Tablets.  The horror!

SgtRock

Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2013, 08:15:30 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on September 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM

Tablets.  The horror!

Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided is being ported to the I-pad but, if Grigsby start's making games for tables, it will surely signal the end of PC's.