Gusington Plays FoG:E Persia!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 25, 2020, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Great! So the new campaign changes are limited to just the campaign? Or are there changes to the Battle-part as well?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The tactical battles you mean? I don't think so. The battles use Persian troop rosters (as well as others) that already existed in previously released DLC for FoG2, as far as I know. This era is new to me though so everything had that certain sparkle.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

What happens if you have one Persia DLC but not the other? I presume you need both DLCs for the game to properly crossover between FoG2 and FoG:E...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2020, 03:49:21 PM
What happens if you have one Persia DLC but not the other? I presume you need both DLCs for the game to properly crossover between FoG2 and FoG:E...

saw this posted on steam about needing fog 2 dlc....seems to imply none of them are needed, assuming exporting from empire might provide what's necessary....

That is correct. The units from the Rise of Persia dlc will be used whether or not you own that dlc.

also from a faq

Do you need to own all the FoG II DLC packs in order to fight all battles using FoG II?

No, only the base game is sufficient.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Martok

Nice write-up, Gus!  I'll definitely be checking out the Persia DLC soon. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2020, 05:11:03 PM
^Nice. Thanks.

No problem....speaking of FG 2 DLC, it has been a year since their last released DLC Wolves at the Gates......seems like a long time for a game like that.  Hope they aren't already working on FG 3 where I have to repurchase everything for a 3rd time:)  Early on they were releasing stuff every 3 months or so.....

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote...or whether to unite disparate provinces into regions – another new mechanic.

The what now?  ???

Regions (the single areas) have been able to unite into provinces for a while in the base game (maybe since release, can't recall, but a long time). I've been playing the new mechanics for the base game since Persia released (finishing out a run as Judea, also with some nice scripted events btw), and have not seen anything yet about uniting provinces into larger groups.

What IS new, are "region decisions", which can be applied to valid regions (not to provinces) for special effects, at various costs. So far the handiest is the ability to spread slaves around to adjacent territories, since the capital tends to pick up a lot of slaves from conquests which tanks their ability to do much of anything and incites revolt risks -- as you might expect.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2020, 07:27:25 PM
Jeez I hope not.

Me too but last DLC was May of 2019.....maybe they have been focusing on the Empire integration stuff...although I like the game, not sure if I can buy it a 3rd time anytime soon:)  I doubt that is happening but just thought more content would come quicker.

Gusington

^They could exclusively have been putting time/money into this new Persia release - I'm going to guess they have pretty limited resources.

Pratt - in the campaigns I have played I have not seen the option of merging regions into provinces. Most likely because I haven't progressed that far with the factions I played as...this game for me has always been tough.

Persia in this campaign is hyper aggressive so the choice to do that seems to come almost immediately. My bad if its not a new feature, but it's new to me :)

New 'region decisions' I knew about.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Persia!  Interesting. 

Do you have deformed hunchback armies, mempo clad super samurai and war Rhinos?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Well, I want historical accuracy.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback