Main Menu

Hello folks

Started by The Wargaming Scribe, June 09, 2021, 06:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wargaming Scribe

Hello there !

New member, I came by some coincidence. I am blogging the computer wargames from oldest to newest (a bit like the CRPGAddict is doing, if you know him) I was looking for the manual for SSI's Napoleon's Campaign (1981). While doing so, I found a thread in here where someone tried to list ALL the Napoleonic computer games, and what do you know, it was missing the very first Napoleonic game : SSI's 1980 Computer Napoleonics - a situation I had to correct.

But to do this, I had to register, and here I am. Since I am there, if any of you has the manual of Operation Apocalypse (SSI, 1981 by Keating) or good quality ones of Torpedo Fire / Southern Command / Napoleon's Campaign, I am a taker.

By the way, you may know me for my bunch of tutorial / AAR on the AGEOD games under the name of Narwhal.
My blog : https://zeitgame.net/ - playing all computer wargames in order of release.

Gusington

Welcome, you are in good company here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

Welcome! 

That's a neat project you're undertaking.

Sir Slash

Welcome to the Grogs Wargaming Scribe. Great to have a SSI fan amongst us. Kampgruppe was my very first computer game back in the C-64 days.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 09, 2021, 01:34:29 PM
Welcome to the Grogs Wargaming Scribe. Great to have a SSI fan amongst us. Kampgruppe was my very first computer game back in the C-64 days.  :dreamer:

Same here. I paid $45 for it back in 1987. A rich sum back then. Ran it on my C-128. Fun game. Except for the fact that it did not support a mouse, and used bleeps and blips for sound, I bet Kampfgruppe could hold its own today.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

Narwhal!!  Good videos brother, I have watched some of them. 

Welcome aboard.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I can't remember what I paid for Kampgruppe back in the day. But I remember waiting FOR--EVER for it to come in the mail.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The Wargaming Scribe

Well, actually my first game was Ancient Art of War, so I am more of a Broderbund guy :). I only started to play the old SSI recently.

Since you guys are really into SSI, any chance one of you has the Operation Apocalypse manual ?

By the way , the blog => https://zeitgame.net

My blog : https://zeitgame.net/ - playing all computer wargames in order of release.

Sir Slash

Not me Scribe. I sold all my old Amiga games several years back including the SSI games. I always wanted to play AAoW but that was before I could afford a computer to play it on.  :-[

DyerAudrey

Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: I've been poking around here without an account for a bit, and finally decided to join and post a story I'd been building in my head for a while.

Sir Slash

Welcome Dyer. Happy to have you with us.  O0