Suez Front Re-run

Started by MengJiao, August 11, 2022, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I tried everything I could think of for the Egyptians and now they are officially depressed.  The Cup of Snafu dropped all kinds of low-morale-inducing problems on them.
They got one good leader down south and took a lot of objectives and hit southern command with missiles and raided all over the place, but, though they showed up late,
the Israelis eventually reached the front and are busy giving up VPs rather than attacking.  Still, there was a rash of bad accidents involving some tanks and the Saggers
have lost some of their original sparkle.  Weird.  Oh and the IAF skipped bombing bridges and spent its time wiping out the Egyptian air force.
So, two more days of not-attacking (8 and 9) and Southern Command will get reorganized and then...well...too bad, I'm not
releasing the 1st army.  The Presidential Guard can just keep guarding things.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 11, 2022, 12:26:44 PM

I tried everything I could think of for the Egyptians and now they are officially depressed.  The Cup of Snafu dropped all kinds of low-morale-inducing problems on them.
They got one good leader down south and took a lot of objectives and hit southern command with missiles and raided all over the place, but, though they showed up late,
the Israelis eventually reached the front and are busy giving up VPs rather than attacking.  Still, there was a rash of bad accidents involving some tanks and the Saggers
have lost some of their original sparkle.  Weird.  Oh and the IAF skipped bombing bridges and spent its time wiping out the Egyptian air force.
So, two more days of not-attacking (8 and 9) and Southern Command will get reorganized and then...well...too bad, I'm not
releasing the 1st army.  The Presidential Guard can just keep guarding things.

By the morning of the 9th, the Egyptians are doing pretty well.  The Israelis have to attack on the 8th or lose 10 vps (which is half the game more or less)...so they did and that was a mess
and the 3rd army is pushing north.  But, you just know the good times are not going to last for long even though the Russian airlift and resupply is starting:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 11, 2022, 02:27:16 PM

By the morning of the 9th, the Egyptians are doing pretty well.  The Israelis have to attack on the 8th or lose 10 vps (which is half the game more or less)...so they did and that was a mess
and the 3rd army is pushing north.  But, you just know the good times are not going to last for long even though the Russian airlift and resupply is starting:

Things were going okay for the Egyptians on the 9th until the Cup of SNAFU dropped an ambush on them.  Rough.  And now -- as of the 10th -- Southern Command can make coordinated attacks.
I went ahead and started slowly releasing commandos from the 1st army cuz otherwise things were going to get ugly very fast.  The Israelis have 7 VPs and the Egyptians have 16:

MengJiao

Well...this is an okay battle -- 3rd army looking threatening and whatnot -- so the Egyptians probably need a few extras to stay in the game:
1) 1 commando or less on raids
2) extra troops and planes coming in gradually (Israelis get minor points as they come in)
3) and most important: no fast arrivals of quickly mobilizing Israelis (no more than 2 if no commandos or 1 if commandos for moves on entry)
4) No removal of El-Shazly from command (withdrawals are minor points to the Israelis)

And that should keep them in the game.

Here is the situation on the morning of the 11th:

MengJiao

The Egyptians were doing okay, but I think I went too far with the 3rd army pushing up from the south.  I started shifting the Israelis south to block them and found it was possible to go around them
and cross the canal behind them at Suez City.  The Israelis crossing the canal knocked out enough SAMs to change the whole battle by Oct 14 and I admitted defeat.