Main Menu

SGS Taipings

Started by steve58, December 22, 2022, 10:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

This one caught my eye while browsing.  Coming next month.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1519060/SGS_Taipings/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

ArizonaTank

I really applaud SGS for bringing attention to these sometimes forgotten wars.

The Taiping rebellion is a great example. Also the Japanese invasion of Hong Kong.

But I am still not much of a fan of their mechanics. But slowly, the series is growing on me.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Taipings looks amazing  :D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Waiting for some reviews to come in but I get good vibes from this one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

A little too far off of my areas of interest and a little bit too pricey for me to jump. It is on my wishlist though and I will get it when on sale eventually.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Senex

If it's a war where Flashman was involved, I'm in.

steve58

Still on my wish list until I actually buy one of the SGS series to try'em out.  Gamersgate puts them on sale occasionally.  I keep meaning to grab one like Afrika Korps or Pacific D-Day when they're on sale, but always seem to get side-tracked...:undecided:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Like others, this series hasn't fully clicked with me....but looking at some of their planned releases this year, might have to give it a try again, especially for the Nato game and We the People (war of independence).

Jarhead0331

Battle for Hue...wow. That'll be a day 1 purchase, regardless of whether I ever play it.  :Nerd:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2023, 12:55:53 PMBattle for Hue...wow. That'll be a day 1 purchase, regardless of whether I ever play it.  :Nerd:

I missed seeing that:)  Likely on my list too.

Old TImer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2023, 12:55:53 PMBattle for Hue...wow. That'll be a day 1 purchase, regardless of whether I ever play it.  :Nerd:

Same here.

SirAndrewD

I'm far more interested in the tactical side of this conflict than the strategic. 

Sadly is part of my problem with many of the SGS offerings.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback