"The Few" on Steam

Started by sandman2575, June 19, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Barthheart

I bought it a while ago, last year sometime, when it was still beta.
It's a fun game, but damn hard to win.
I should check out the updates from the last time I played....

Jarhead0331

Wish they would add a German campaign.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sandman2575

Feedback on Steam (always taken with a grain of salt) is pretty positive, and seems hard to pass up at $8.

Looks like it has a bit of a "Unity of Command" vibe, which is a good thing.  UoC never really clicked for me, but I did appreciate its unique presentation.

Nefaro

It was too simplistic for my preferences.  More like a "casual" game, IMO.

TacticalWargames

Annoyingly difficult. Did have potential though.

gabeeg

I have owned it for awhile and played it a few times, the continuing updates have made it better and given it more "legs".  It is a beer and pretzels game and a fun little time waster...if that strikes your fancy. 
Kind Regards,
Harry

Gusington

Is it similar to Ace Patrol in any way?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

Nefaro

Staggerwing

FWIR, It's more like a lite version of Grigsby's 'Battle of Britain' with cartoonish graphics and a production layer.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 21, 2014, 01:17:27 PM
FWIR, It's more like a lite version of Grigsby's 'Battle of Britain' with cartoonish graphics and a production layer.

I wonder if that revised compilation will go on a weekly sale at Matrix anytime soon?

I had the first one years ago and never quite got into it at the time, but I'd pick the new one up at a decent price nowadays and give it a real go.

Greybriar

James Allen's review ought to answer some questions about the game:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Greybriar

For those of us who prefer not to use Steam, I just noticed that a DRM-Free version of The Few is available from GamersGate for $7.99--the same price Steam is selling it for.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Thanks for both Greybriar.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd