what about command ops 2 ?

Started by Johnnie, April 03, 2015, 08:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie

I can't believe the lack of buzz for this new release.  It's an improved version of a great (maybe the best) WWII operational engine.  I already had three of the original games, but this is a great buy.  Buying the bundle you get 78 scenarios for 50 bucks. 

And very little discussion here.  Weird.

jomni

Quote from: Johnnie on April 03, 2015, 08:17:54 PM
I can't believe the lack of buzz for this new release.  It's an improved version of a great (maybe the best) WWII operational engine.  I already had three of the original games, but this is a great buy.  Buying the bundle you get 78 scenarios for 50 bucks. 

And very little discussion here.  Weird.

As the links pointed out.  The release was faced with big outcry.  And a lot of people staying on the sidelines.

JudgeDredd

I was waiting on the fix for the speed thingy

Apart from that, I've got many, MANY games that require attention. I bought the bundle (again) but at the minute I was trying to focus my gaming time on WitW and learning it so I can start a campaign.

I also do a bit of modelling and that eats my time. I actually need about 48 hours in a day to fulfil all my hobby requirements even to a base level.
Alba gu' brath

ross_ntu

I love this series, but even having downloaded the main game, I cannot see a lot of improvement that would justify paying out again.  I am not trying to be rude - it's just things that I would have thought would be included, like an overlay for LOS, I can't seem to see, and the things that are in aren't things that I can see myself using.  All that seems to have changed is that the UI can be moved around, there is a recording feature, and there are some new overlays.  Am I missing something?  Are there any major improvements that make this a worthwhile purchase?

MikeGER

ross, there are new things under the hood concerning the AI too
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/co2-changes.1010/page-2

...and if you open the Estab editor in old BftB and do the same in CO2 (with the new module) for example a new value  "Comms Rating" get visible

i checked a few units in BftB from where i guestimated to see a different and "Comms Rating" was always set to 100 ?  :o

(well of course i didn't looked in the compiled Estab-file, so it may be just a place holder for the modders to set, while the complied Estabs of the (re)sold modules had been worked over and filled with numbers based on historical research now)     

ross_ntu

Thanks Mike - can you tell the difference with the AI?  Like I say, having tried the free download I am not convinced this is worth the extra to me, which is a real shame as I love these games, and wanted to load it up and be convinced to spend my money.  As it is, I would not use the replay feature, the overlays are not ones that I will particularly use, and I actually preferred the fixed UI.

Boggit

From the feedback so far, I'm guessing that the game plays fine for some of you. As for myself, I'm having severe problems at the moment getting the unit strength and supply status to display on the tabs, which makes the game unplayable for me, as I have no clear idea of the state of my units. Essentially the information that should be displayed on the tab panels is truncated off. I have my rig set to the standard settings - 100% text size at 96dpi, so there should not be a problem, but there is.

To be fair to LnL, I must say that Dave O'Connor and his team are looking into it and working towards a fix, which says something about LnL's product support. O0 If he can fix what is a game killer for me, I expect CO2 will have a lot going for it. There is a great range of scenarios and a lot of operational challenges, but sadly I can't play them at the moment. :'(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 04, 2015, 12:19:09 AM
I also do a bit of modelling and that eats my time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUC1IT0wo&feature=related

Just kidding JD... it was hard to resist the pun. ;D ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

TacticalWargames

When we see a new full game then I reckon there will be more of a buz. Hard o get excited about scenarios I've already played many times. The new modules with brand new scenarios hold no interest for me. So I'm waiting on the East front release.

bayonetbrant

well, the key is that there's plenty of talking about it right now - we've got threads open already to discuss the business end of things, and the gameplay (both linked at the top of this thread).  Locking this one now.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers