Main Menu

Fishing Trip

Started by airboy, May 11, 2015, 01:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife and I went on a 12 hour fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico last Sunday.  5 of us fished - and we caught just short of 400 pound of keepers.  One of the other guys caught a 48 pound Amberjack - which is an impressive size.  Good trip overall.  Good group of people.  Weather was pretty awesome (less than 1 foot waves).  I've caught more fish on some other trips - but this is the first trip I've had where my legs were not sore and bruised up.

Martok

Nice.  Glad you (and from the sound of it, the rest of the group as well) had a good time! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

I have good pictures of the catch.  They are too large to post here.  I'll email it to you if you are interested.

airboy

On Sunday I went on an 11 hour trip in the Gulf of Mexico.  We had a 140 pound catch with 4 people fishing.  We got the biggest red snappers that I have ever hauled up.

I can PM pictures if you wish to see them.

Figured out a way to lower the file size.  Picture is here.