The Holiday Sales Damage Thread

Started by airboy, November 24, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

JH - I say this with the upmost respect...you are one interesting cat.

I can only imagine the stories you could tell.
Insert witty comment here.

Rayfer

Quote from: Cyrano on November 25, 2017, 12:46:28 PM
Just pieces and parts:

1.  Steel Division for my son so we can co-op.

2.  The IG expansion for Sanctus Reach.

3.  Atilla because, well, everybody seems to like it and for just over $10...

I've been mulling over an impulse purchase...Atilla or Shogun 2? Not sure which but definitely not both.  :-\

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

chemkid

too sad steel division won't run on my 'rig'... gotta stick to them grigsby games!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Added War in the West because JD isn't doing his part.  <:-)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

I suppose I'm the wrong one to ask because the era covered by Shogun is the only one that never grabbed me.  That said, it was the first game where I felt the graphics "turned the corner" in terms of optimization suddenly balancing looks and performance.  Also, the period works well, I'm told, with the strategic layer, which strikes me as likely.

That said, were I choosing (between two games that cost $20 between them) it would likely be Attila.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Shogun 2 is elegant - everything blends perfectly. The graphics, the UI, the music...it is a work of game art.

I love the time period but for me Attila is second to Shogun 2. I really think Shogun 2 is the best TW game of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I have bought nothing so far...mostly because there are so many games that look good with some deep discounts and I can't decide :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Just buy Deserts of Kharak for cryin out loud.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd