American Football on the PC 2022

Started by ArizonaTank, September 06, 2022, 10:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Madden Football and Tecmo Bowl were both the shiz during the 1990s as was NHL Hockey on the Sega Genesis, but I haven't played the modern versions and probably never will.

I have fond memories of Fuad Reveiz (kicker, #6, Minnesota Vikings) in Tecmo Bowl who was an absolute tank. He could get mauled, recover a fumbled kick and run it for like 95 yards down field.

I became a huge Fuad Reveiz fan because of Tecmo Bowl circa 1993. I could care less if it was true to life or not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

I've been watching some videos of FOF8 after seeing this thread.  Might pick it up.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Phantom

I find Madden Ok if you're wanting a bit of action - but if you like a bit of thinking, and I think more likely results, than Action PC is my go to game. I guess its like comparing an FPS to a strategy game - both can be good depending what you're after.

Sigwolf

Quote from: Geezer on September 09, 2022, 04:36:54 PM
I've been watching some videos of FOF8 after seeing this thread.  Might pick it up.
Just be advised, if you aren't already aware, that development has stopped permanently on Front Office Football.  The last updated rosters were from 2020.  It's still perfectly playable, there just will be no more new versions or roster updates.

Geezer

Quote from: Sigwolf on September 10, 2022, 08:17:44 AM
Quote from: Geezer on September 09, 2022, 04:36:54 PM
Just be advised, if you aren't already aware, that development has stopped permanently on Front Office Football.  The last updated rosters were from 2020.  It's still perfectly playable, there just will be no more new versions or roster updates.

Thanks.   :bd:  I did see that.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

jamus34

Everything I've heard the exclusive rights deal EA signed with the NFL turned madden into a steaming pile of shite. They recycle old features that were removed as "new". Bugs have persisted for years. They still can't do true ball physics even though 2k had it in hardware 3 generations old.

I use to love the madden franchise but the past 15-20 years I've become completely disillusioned with EA. I will only buy their games at bargain bin prices at this point.
Insert witty comment here.

Senex

Pro Strategy Football - If you have never tried this, highly recommend you do.  Comes with fictional teams but really good modders release all the seasons with names that turns it into real life stuff.  The new version is either coming out this week or next, really good game although has 80's type graphics.  You don't control the players but instead call plays and such.  Since you can't control players, This game is much lighter on the career side but some options.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1527500/Pro_Strategy_Football_2022/

Where can we find the seasons created by modders?

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Sigwolf on September 12, 2022, 07:02:20 PM
Quote from: Senex on September 12, 2022, 02:32:17 PM
Where can we find the seasons created by modders?

https://apollo1980.wixsite.com/psfteams21/2023seasons

Good stuff!!!  This pushed it over for me. Hit that old "pay here" button for Pro Strategy Football 2023
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

With the season basically over, Madden 23 is 70% off. So I decided to buy it...

Also got Axis Football 23 that is also on sale.

So will see for myself if Madden is really a corporate plot to take over the world or not.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 06, 2023, 03:58:14 PMWith the season basically over, Madden 23 is 70% off. So I decided to buy it...

Also got Axis Football 23 that is also on sale.

So will see for myself if Madden is really a corporate plot to take over the world or not.

I know people don't like Madden because they are EA, but really a good game in my opinion.  It will be a long time if ever we see any real competition.  As for Axis, I just couldn't get into it, hope you have better luck.