Main Menu

Roads to FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, June 30, 2023, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

A classic from Al Stewart, which seems oddly appropriate in these weird times.

Me?  Doing some BoC work.  A bit of CMO work.  Doing a turn or two in "Rule the Waves 3" and writing the AAR.  Getting smart on the rules in a couple of board games: "Atlantic Chase", "Blue Water Navy" and "Target for Today"  (I'm blaming you for this last one, nelmsm!  :laugh: ).  And possibly doing some preliminary work in a Combat Mission: Italy AAR for the Triona campaign, scenario 2. 

And planting more hostas.....  :-(

Edit:  How could I have forgotten?  I need to break out my recent purchase of SGS's "NATO's Nightmare".  I'm having the urge to see if it is AAR-worthy....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

Love a bit of Al Stewart. :ThumbsUp:

Lots more PBEM JTS Panzer Campaigns and WW1 Campaigns.....At present desperately defending Sicily against Operation Husky and The Arnhem corridor v XXX Corps and lots of paratroops !

Have a great weekend all.

Hope the air quality is not too horrendous for those near to Canada.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tripoli

Quote from: devoncop on June 30, 2023, 10:05:14 AM...

Hope the air quality is not too horrendous for those near to Canada.

It was 268 here in Southern Wisconsin yesterday.  I was in Milwaukee on Tuesday, and the smoke had dropped visibility to 3/4 of a mile.  I heard that the air quality was worse than Beijing.  The good news is that it is much better in Wisconsin today.  The east coast of the US is bad, but not like it was earlier this week: https://aqicn.org/map/northamerica/

devoncop

Glad things are looking up for you. It sounded horrendous.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sir Slash

Yes. Everyone stay safe this weekend. And COOL. Perfect excuse/reason to stay indoors and game a little. Or a lot. I'm trying to figure a way to play on the computer from the pool and it's not easy. With a big enough screen....  :undecided:

Anyway, some CMFI if I get the time or Second Front but most likely, "Combat Mission Yard Work" It's time to finish finding all those Easter Eggs we never could. Have a great weekend Grogs and get on those AAR's Trip. We need the entertainment.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Smoke is...not so great here today. But I am assured it will be gone over the weekend. Also getting our a/c repaired just as I am about to lose my mind from the haze and the heat.

Anyway...Age of Empires II DE Italian and Sicilian campaigns (yes there is actually a Sicilian campaign, 11th century), Knights of Honor II and perhaps some 1212AD for Attila TW...with A Plague Tale: Requiem waiting in the wings for when I feel fancy  :3musketeer:

Happy 4th all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Other than yard duties, I've no real plans for anything per se.  Need to dl and organize my Conan rpg pdfs, but not much else is looming out there in playtime land that grabs the attention.

Anyhoo, have a great weekend and subsequent holiday where applicable all!

bruce205

Smoke was pretty bad here in Northeast Ohio the last several days but definite improvement today !!  Should have smoked some meat even though I do not own a smoker  :laugh:
Nice pick Trip, as I am getting started with Rule the Waves 3. Should be easy as I was in the US Navy... right ??
Happy Independence Day Grogs !!

W8taminute

My biggest threat in my Emperor of the Fading Suns game is the Symbiots.  Symbiots are like the Tyrannids only some Symbiots have limited psyche abilities which is wreaking havoc on my space fleets.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

nelmsm

Well I'm letting devoncorp beat up my Germans in East Prussia '14 and a few other PBEMs.  Might do some Imperator Rome yet tonight or in the morning or maybe Grigsby's Bombing the Reich.  Have 3 board wargames on tables around the house, GCACW Hood Strikes North, COIN game Cuba Libre, and my new current love, Flying Pig Games A Most Fearful Sacrifice. This game is a thing of beauty and fun to play but goodness it has a footprint.  My copy of Mr. President also came today and I hear it's siren song, probably be my next AAR.  So a mix of tabletop and computer gaming.

Tripoli

Quote from: nelmsm on June 30, 2023, 08:20:58 PMWell I'm letting devoncorp beat up my Germans in East Prussia '14 and a few other PBEMs.  Might do some Imperator Rome yet tonight or in the morning or maybe Grigsby's Bombing the Reich.  Have 3 board wargames on tables around the house, GCACW Hood Strikes North, COIN game Cuba Libre, and my new current love, Flying Pig Games A Most Fearful Sacrifice. This game is a thing of beauty and fun to play but goodness it has a footprint.  My copy of Mr. President also came today and I hear it's siren song, probably be my next AAR.  So a mix of tabletop and computer gaming.

Like you, I received my copy of "Mr. President" the other day.  The game box is huge.  Not "Gloomhaven huge", but it is a runner up, at 5" deep box and 7 pounds weight. Unfortunately, I've got too many other gaming irons in the fire, so it will be awhile before I get to it. Let us know what you think.   

Anguille

Mostly Endless Space 2 this weekend

Have a good weekend guys

SirAndrewD

Been breaking in my new triple MFD set in DCS with a couple of buddies. 

I suppose I'll finish Jedi Survivor before the end of the four day weekend.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback