Six Days In Fallujah...

Started by Jarhead0331, September 17, 2012, 06:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 23, 2023, 09:11:53 AMI don't play online but there are options to Invite Friends and use matchmaking.  I suspect its what you want, but I have no plans on using either.
Perfect thank you sir.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Here is what the developers roadmap looks like, seems like AI Teammates due by end of the year, although the skeptic in me thinks it will take longer as usually developers miss their initial goals.  Seems quite a bit before we see the actual campaign fleshed out.

==============================================================================================================

Below, you'll find our roadmap for future content as we launch into Early Access on Steam. We'll also have a graphic to accompany this sometime next week.

Please remember that all timing and content is subject to change.
Q3-2023 (July – September):
Night-time missions, alongside other times-of-day
More weather varieties that affect vision and operations

Q4-2023 (October – December):
AI teammates you lead with our "Go" command
One additional co-op mission
More systemic variables within mission simulations

Q1-2024 (January – March):
First story campaign mission
Civilians in co-op and campaign
Additional co-op mission

Q2-2024 (April – June) and Beyond:
Special Operator missions
Play as other coalition nationalities
More co-op and story campaign missions

JudgeDredd

I'm concerned at the amount of attention this is getting here. I thought for sure this was the place that people would be chatting live about it.

I've put it on my wish list anyway - just in case.
Alba gu' brath

al_infierno

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2023, 12:38:01 AMI'm concerned at the amount of attention this is getting here. I thought for sure this was the place that people would be chatting live about it.

I think the current issue is the lack of single player content.  The understanding seems to be that there will eventually be AI teammates and a single player campaign, but right now the game is hard as nails and just south of unplayable single player.  And us being a a bunch of reclusive cranks, we prefer our single player games  :twirl:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Agree......although I play my fair share of lone wolf single player games, the current setup for this game really doesn't play well with lone wolf in mind, it seems to be tuned assuming you have squad mates which currently don't exist.  Just way too hard to survive any mission without your team having your back.  I like the environment and suspect the game play, just can't live long enough to enjoy it.  Hopefully when you get a squad changes that but until then pretty much going to sit on the shelf.

Father Ted

Quote from: al_infierno on July 05, 2023, 03:38:19 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2023, 12:38:01 AMI'm concerned at the amount of attention this is getting here. I thought for sure this was the place that people would be chatting live about it.

I think the current issue is the lack of single player content.  The understanding seems to be that there will eventually be AI teammates and a single player campaign, but right now the game is hard as nails and just south of unplayable single player.  And us being a a bunch of reclusive cranks, we prefer our single player games  :twirl:

Darn - should have checked here.  Literally just pulled the trigger (ahem) on this.  I do have in mind some mates to play it with mind you

Gusington

Lack of SP at the moment is my only issue. Looking forward to the SP campaign, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Yeah, I'm hold out for the SP campaign too.  looks great though, and It'll be in my library at some point.