Main Menu

2023 Games....

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2023, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Second Front will be my First Choice. Happy 2023 Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Hmmm... I'm patient however.

Field of Glory Kingdoms

Task Force Admiral

and yeah Geezer I'm right with ya.

Starfleet Krellan Commander 2.0?! :o OMG. I remember that game when I was in High School! Never got to play it.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

Homeworld 3
Task Force Admiral - if it seems like I will have a meaningful impact on gameplay in a realistic way without it being so dry it is unplayable and predicatable.
DCS - A lot will probably come out this year but I already have enough modules. The Typhoon is one I want simply to be able to compete with the Eagle. But I guess I can already sort of do that with the F16 albiet with less powerful radar, loadout etc. I would prefer a Rafael because of it's carrier capabilities. I am a chopper tragic atm however, finding aircraft a bit meh atm choppers can do so much more.
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 if it ever comes to steam and turns out to have actual features other than an engine update and a half arsed rendition of their original spinning systems idea. I really want it to be a Stellaris with better combat that the player controls in detail. I think I really have very little chance of that and it would not surprise me if this game dumbs down a bit in anticipation of a console market.
Company of Heroes 3 - Another game that had me excited until I found out it was built with console in mind. I think it might be great fun while being stopped from any advancement in tactical gameplay by needing to go to console. It will be a true sequel as if it was done a year after coh2.
Manor Lords - I had fun with this games demo but fear I might get lost in this game and never come out again. :)

Out of Early Access hopefully:
WAR OF RIGHTS - I know horses and such will probably take a while more
Nebulous Fleet Command - campaign, second side etc coming
WARNO - out of early access
Star Citizen - Man when Pyro comes out...... then I assume all the tech will be in and you could consider it fairly finshed except for the need to keep making star systems and the smaller improvements. SQ42. Who knows. Still thankful this game is pioneering things.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Geezer

Quote from: matt3916 on January 01, 2023, 06:19:40 PM
What is this "play" of which you speak?

Yeah I get the whole "collector" idea.  I have many games right now that are unplayed or barely played.  It bugs me though when I buy something new, knowing I haven't gotten my moneys worth out of previous buys.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

undercovergeek

Anything by hooded horse

Jagged alliance 3

Few others but might not be 23

steve58

Two that quickly come to mind:

Task Force Admiral
Kerbal Space Program 2
(hopefully next month!!)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Phantom

Some (any) of the Microprose offerings would be nice.

CaptainKoloth

I'm starting to really get into Sins of a Solar Empire II. They're starting to flesh it out and I think it's going to be something special. Between that and DCS (and maybe learning Falcon BMS now that it's finally in VR), I think I'm covered for 2023! :pullhair:

SlagDog

Oh My I'm going to be busy this year with gaming:

Blood Bowl 3
Xenonauts 2
Neverdark
Jagged Alliance 3
Alliance of the Sacred Sun
Second Front
Kerbal Space Program 2
Spellforce Conquest of Eo
X4: Kingdoms End
Dark Envoy
For the King 2

Peace in 2023!!!

al_infierno

Shameless self promotion time!!!

I'm looking forward to finishing my own game, A War of a Madman's Making, and finally getting it on Steam.  Figuring out a trailer for this damn thing has been a lot harder than I thought.

Here's as nice little progress comparison from around May versus December!   :bd:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The world will tremble before Infierno might!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Oche

Most definitely:

- Second Front;
- Vor de Kroon;
- B-17 Flying Fortress The Bloody 100th (perhaps?)

NickGross

I'm so excited to see your list of games for 2023. Hogwarts Legacy definitely has me intrigued, and Starfield is a must-play for me as well. I'm also looking forward to the Star Wars Jedi Survivor game - anything Star Wars always gets me excited. A friend of mine recommended me the site https://zumroad.com/game, which has a lot of news about games. Maybe you will find something new for you there too. I haven't heard of Crime Boss: Rockay City or Broken Arrow, but I'll have to look into those. Thanks for sharing your list.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd