In Friday, I'll be in Good Company

Started by Dammit Carl!, March 31, 2023, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Eh hell, a twofer.

Thinking I'm on a banjo thing unconsciously.

Anyways, I'm still neck deep in Xenos killing in Deathwing and loving it and eyeing Darktide like a junkie lining up his next hit.  Egad.

Whoop, whoop!

Gusington

I'm vibing on Old Crow Medicine Show! I am not vibing on Warlord: Britannia :/ Something about that game made me want to pluck my own eyes out.

So...moving on to King Arthur: Knights Tale and maybe some Total War Rome Remastered.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

FarAway Sooner

I keep getting sucked into playing Monster Train until 2 in the morning, but I really hope to play something else this weekend.  Maybe Distant Worlds 2 or Spellforce or even getting up the learning curve on Oxygen not Included.

Last week, I played Gloomhaven online with a couple buddies of mine that I started playing D&D with 40+ years ago.  I've not played the tabletop version but appreciate the game's system a lot.  If my friends are available, we might have a chance to play that this weekend as well.

Toonces

I bought a few games over the Steam Spring sale that I'm working through: CK3 and Toy Soldiers Complete.  But at the moment I have Cold Waters open.  Sometimes you just want comfort food gaming.  I'm experimenting with the Dot Mod, but I don't think it's for me.  It has a prestige system that I'm not grooving on.  I think it can be fixed via a text edit to overcome the system where it locks certain boats until you've earned enough prestige.  Taking a diesel Oberon against two Victors in the 1984 campaign is just a lesson in futility.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

War of Rights - so many of my friends have this now.
Company of Heroes 3 - trying out their in game challenge system that earns you money and then allows you to buy skins off the in game store.
DCS World perhaps

I have been thinking about trying out WARNO fobs that just dropped. But honestly I think that is a nothing to see here kind of deal. They are the same as red dragon. Artillery spam is back because of it I hear. Not an unreasonable thing for a game about modern warfare. Artillery is often underplayed to allow players to actually "do things" other than pound each other and grind forward ww1 style. I guess we don't have the stomach to see our attacks fail everytime we poke our heads up. I still really wish that combat mission was more mainstream in terms of accessibility, graphics and #of players that can play together. That has some of the best mechanics for artillery I have seen in a relatively small scale game.

A challenge to destroy X # of vehicles with m3 Half Tracks with guns on top. I ended up with a few m3 HTs.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Playing Combat Mission (WW2).

On Sunday : watching Tour of Flanders (cycling race).

My kind of banjo music  :laugh: .

W8taminute

Hey Toonces Toy Soldiers Complete is a great collection.  I played them all on Xbox 360 many years ago.  Lot's of fun to be had there.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

I think I've turned into Gus this weekend...

Great War Western Front
Flying Circus
Rising Front 

And yes, even a tiny bit of Battle of Empires 14-18 (oh boy I forgot how bad that one was). 

This was me by dinner....

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Is that you, John Wayne?

Ironically my interest in WWI has waned a bit now that there are more and more WWI-themed PC releases  :hair:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And Battle of Empires made even me cringe  :embarrassed:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2023, 06:52:32 PM^Is that you, John Wayne?

Ironically my interest in WWI has waned a bit now that there are more and more WWI-themed PC releases  :hair:

Me and my original 1918 AEF Brodie with shrapnel damage, yes.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

The magnificent beard and just-visible tuft of chest hair really complete the whole scene.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2023, 08:02:22 PMThe magnificent beard and just-visible tuft of chest hair really complete the whole scene.

I am blessed with the capability to have a magnificent, perfectly full beard. 

Head?   Not so much. 

That Brodie is my pride and joy though.  It had the original sheepskin lining and leather "nut", although both rotted away to the point I had to remove them from the helmet and store the bits of them both separately. 

Still has the original leather sweatband and strap though. 

Gusington

Where'd you get it? I have a few helmets, including a German one of WWII vintage that a friend of mine brought back from Prague. That's the oldest one I have, though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd