Main Menu

25 or 6 to FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, March 01, 2024, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Gusington on March 01, 2024, 09:13:25 PMI haven't played UA: Dreadnoughts in a long while and it is my favorite era of naval history. The hate it has received is beyond bizarre.

I don't follow the blow-by-blow but there was also some publicity misstep a year or two ago where they made some remarks that were interpreted as that they were going to stop developing it. In the event they didn't and continue to actively support it, but I think some lasting damage with the community was done.

Gusington

^Yes the vitriol was especially pungent on GameLabs own forums  :headscratch: 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on March 01, 2024, 07:26:57 PMThanks for the above Des. What are masteries?

Masteries for each civilisation are a little bit like a right of passage. A qualification. You complete the masteries for a civilisation and you should be able to give a reasonable account of yourself  with that civilisation and know it fairly well. Worth doing just for fun.
You do challenges and beat the AI on easy, medium etc every three challenges. 
Challenges are things like kill 15 archers with spearmen in a match.
You get things like statues to put in your village town centre as rewards.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Quote from: bruce205 on March 01, 2024, 05:13:46 PMI tried I really tried but I keep bouncing off of Baldurs Gate 3. Best game ever is all I hear but I don't see it. I have UHD monitor and the UI is still too small for me with everything cranked up. Why can't they implement UI scaling is beyond me ?  They have sold a million copies and large budget. In contrast Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous is perfect from a far smaller developer. Maybe I just just need to play that instead but its very complex. Of course all the games that intrigue me are just so complex. Sorry for the wall of text.

I agree about Pathfinder war of the Righteous. Thought that was a great game (though I did get stuck around 4/5 of the way throughin a difficulty spike and had to give up).
Their latest Warhammer,Rogue Trader may be decent too once they have ironed out some bugs i will probably pick that one up.

The whole aesthetic of Baldurs Gate 3 and certain "agenda driven" characters just meant if was a waste of money for me to be honest.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

KyzBP

Quote from: Destraex on March 01, 2024, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on March 01, 2024, 05:48:29 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 01, 2024, 04:51:33 PMKyzBP what do you think of Crown Wars? On my radar for purchase when it is released.

Right now I'm playing the demo.  If I had to boil it down to a sentence I'd say "It's "X-Com 2 in 1400's France."  There's "base" building and squad management with X-Com style tactical turn based fights.  I only started playing today so I'm still poking around a bit.
Gotta ask.. is it WEGO.. iirc the answer is no.. otherwise I'd give the demo a crack.
No, it's like X-com where each side takes a turn.  WEGO would've been fun.

Toonces

Regarding Steam reviews, I love it when I see someone with over 1,000 hours in a game give it a negative review.  I mean, think about that for a second.  You got over a thousand hours of enjoyment out of something that probably cost you less than a dinner for two.  I can only laugh.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Quote from: Toonces on March 02, 2024, 09:22:32 AMRegarding Steam reviews, I love it when I see someone with over 1,000 hours in a game give it a negative review.  I mean, think about that for a second.  You got over a thousand hours of enjoyment out of something that probably cost you less than a dinner for two.  I can only laugh.
I had a few friends do this for games like Squad where a compulsory patch in their opinion stopped them from playing the game again by completely changing the nature of the game. In Squads case my friend believed the game went for balance over realism by adding things like extreme gun sway. A review in those cases is justified but the date must be considered carefully.

In terms of cost it makes no sense. But in those cases where somebody simply reviews a game like they have owned it for a week and no such dramatic gameplay shifts have happened I agree are strange.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"