Wil Wheaton's Table Top

Started by son_of_montfort, June 01, 2012, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

If you haven't already, you guys should check out Wil Wheaton's new webseries, where he plays and explains games with famous people.

This particular episode is like a Groghead trifecta - it has Wil Wheaton (so ST:TNG), Felicia Day (RPG-geeky hottie), and... Steve Jackson (game designer).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V6oMBSiL7Zs

They play Steve Jackson's Munchkin. Munchkin isn't my favorite game (although I really need to try it again) but it is silly fun.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Barthheart

My group plays lots of Munchkin, we have all the expansions for it. Great game while drinking lots of beer.

Cool to see Steve Jackson paying his own game.

TheCommandTent

I have Munchkin Quest which adds a great build your own dungeon boardgame experience to the game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Aside from the Settlers of Catan episode, which seemed incredibly dry, it has been a good series. Showed me what Small World is, and now I own that and three expansions.  ;D

mirth

Thanks for pointing out the show. It's well done and fun to watch. Wil Wheaton is a lot easier to take when he's not playing Wesley Crusher.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on June 02, 2012, 05:57:38 PM
Thanks for pointing out the show. It's well done and fun to watch. Wil Wheaton is a lot easier to take when he's not playing Wesley Crusher.

He's also been playing a very annoying scientist in the last two seasons of 'Eureka' on the Scifaux channel. Too bad the show's getting cancelled because it's fun to watch due to the characters and the over-the-top scifi techno-cliches.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 02, 2012, 04:11:37 PM
Aside from the Settlers of Catan episode, which seemed incredibly dry, it has been a good series. Showed me what Small World is, and now I own that and three expansions.  ;D
Played smallworld (I basically follow whats hot on Boardgame geeks) and then I got it for the iPad where its a very fun game to play.  The AI is very good

Con

Arctic Blast

For anyone who likes their game reviews with a bit of humor, I highly recommend checking out Shut Up & Sit Down. They do videos every few weeks to a month that they clearly put time in to, and a lot of written content as well.

http://www.shutupshow.com/