Cataphracts

Started by MengJiao, November 02, 2012, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I played the GBOH system years ago and never really liked it.  Cataphracts was a bit more fun, but the Men of Iron system seems a lot better:

Boggit

Quote from: MengJiao on November 02, 2012, 08:34:32 AM

I played the GBOH system years ago and never really liked it.  Cataphracts was a bit more fun, but the Men of Iron system seems a lot better:
Battle of Daras 530 AD?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MengJiao

Quote from: Boggit on November 21, 2012, 05:58:52 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 02, 2012, 08:34:32 AM

Battle of Daras 530 AD?

That sounds right.

gattopardo

I really liked Alexander and SPQR. The Attila mod for Cataphract was fun as well.

For Men of Iron I did preorder Blood and Roses. I've always been interested in late medieval wars.

ArizonaTank

Just took a quick read-through of the rules posted on the GMT site.  They look interesting...maybe a Christmas present to myself....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.