Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteUSS Coral Sea, 1953

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Those Savages look like they're recreating the Doolittle Raid.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

QuoteUSS Theodore Roosevelt in drydock with her missile tubes exposed

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

QuoteHMS King George V secondary armament detail.

mirth

QuoteShell damage to the German battlecruiser SMS Derfflinger after being engaged by British warships at the Battle of Jutland

mirth

QuoteHydrofoil research ship USS Flagstaff (PGH-1) off the coast of Florida, 1971

mirth

QuoteUSS Forrestal (CVA-59) during the Suez Crises, 1956.

mirth

QuoteUSS McCain loaded abroad M/V Treasure for transport to Japan for repair

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteHMS Dragon transiting the Strait of Corryvreckan

BanzaiCat

^ Huh. The markings on the front of the hull, at first I thought they were graffiti (lol), but then looking more closely...

I didn't know Her Majesty's Navy decorated their ships like that. Is this unusual for the RN?

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2017, 12:11:41 PM
^ Huh. The markings on the front of the hull, at first I thought they were graffiti (lol), but then looking more closely...

I didn't know Her Majesty's Navy decorated their ships like that. Is this unusual for the RN?

It is highly unusual

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/welsh-dragon-returns-bows-cardiff-11351214

BanzaiCat