Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2015, 08:18:35 AM
The people in balcony staterooms are the chaff. When activated, they are forcibly ejected out of their staterooms over the side. They're all so sunburned over their pasty white bodies that they also doubly serve as flares.

8)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2015, 07:46:56 AM
Just to be different...the largest cruise ship in the world (well, one of two, the Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas)...

The wargamer in me wants to be stalking it with a U-Boat, my hand hovering over the button that will send a spread of torpedoes in her side    :knuppel2:

BanzaiCat

^ Wilhelm Gustloff style?

It's sad, but that's the first thing I thought of too. When the Quantum of the Seas came into Nassau last week, and we pretty much had a front row view of the monster (it's only slightly smaller than the Oasis-class above and the second largest cruise ship in the world), I thought of the Gustloff and what a slaughter it would be to even put one torpedo in the side of the Quantum.

However, that might be less wargamer-ish and more sociopathic-ish, but as I'm probably in good company in BOTH of those categories, I'm sure you guys get it.

I can't remember if it was Freeport or Nassau, when we were in line getting back on the Freedom, when someone in front of me held the bulkhead and remarked how thin it was. Me being the dork I am, replied, "Good thing we don't have to worry about torpedoes." I mean seriously, ONE torpedo and that giant (or any) cruise ship is a goner.

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE IS ONLY A JOKE, NSA. CARRY ON. I DO NOT OWN A U-BOAT OR EVEN A PT-BOAT. 'MURICA!

Steelgrave

^Dude, we're too much alike. If you've slept with Gus' mother too, we may need to talk  :coolsmiley:

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 08, 2015, 12:42:42 PM
^Dude, we're too much alike. If you've slept with Gus' mother too, we may need to talk  :coolsmiley:

If she lives in New York, Gus's family might be in my woodpile somewhere.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2015, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on April 08, 2015, 12:42:42 PM

If she lives in New York, Gus's family might be in my woodpile somewhere.

Yeah, ummmm.......how 'bout them Cowboys???

BanzaiCat

Dude, you can't go from incest to the Cowboys. It's like going from ass to mouth.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
Dude, you can't go from incest to the Cowboys. It's like going from ass to mouth.

A lot of people think Cowboys ownership is a result of incest...but that's for another thread  >:D

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2015, 12:47:44 PM

A most quotable statement.
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Brazilian Navy monitor Parnaíba (U17). Commissioned in 1938 and still in active service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_monitor_Parna%C3%ADba_%28U17%29
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"