Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

Always wanted to try the Corinth canal, but the fuddy-duddies at Sixth Fleet were concerned about the sonar domes!
Can you imagine?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

Maryland after a torpedo strike off Saipan.  10 July, 1944
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Windigo

Damn that's a BFH!*

* Also said by Star on several occassions
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

QuoteSS Atlantic Conveyor after her 10 day refit during the Falklands War.

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2012/04/the-atlantic-conveyor-falklands30/
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

IJN cruiser Nachi 5 November, 1944, Manila.

"With your eyes closed?"

Staggerwing

Looks like she is missing her bow in addition to that other... problem.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: besilarius on November 08, 2015, 05:16:17 PM

its a picture of Mirths love life.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 09, 2015, 09:44:10 PM
Quote from: besilarius on November 08, 2015, 05:16:17 PM

its a picture of Mirths love life.

You're the one with all the experience with Filipino trannies.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

besilarius

Gambier Bay getting a water washdown from 18" shells.
And the ship on the far right is the cruiser Chikuma.

"With your eyes closed?"

Staggerwing

IIRC, Gambier Bay didn't have long to live after that photo was taken.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

The 20mm oerlikons were manned by the messmates on Essex.  When the kamikaze hit, avgas spilled off the flight deck and over the guncrews.  They were burned so badly that all the medical crew could do was shoot them up with morphine.  Within half an hour they had all died.

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

Quote1970 Super Boss Mustang 429 being loaded aboard USS Coral Sea (CV-43)

QuoteIn 1970, lawyer and drag racer Al Eckstrand put together a Lawman Racing Team, consisting of two 780hp Boss 429 Mustang drag cars and six 428 Cobra Jet Mach 1s, to tour U.S. military facilities around the world. It was during the Vietnam War, and servicemen were happy to see some of the musclecars from back home. Two Lawman Boss 429s were built, one for Eckstrand demonstrations in Southeast Asia and the other for use as a show car in Europe. The first car was destroyed at sea when an 8-ton ship container fell on it So, Eckstrand hastily finished the second car, which was flown by Air Force transport to the south Pacific. http://www.mustangheaven.com/2015/old-photo-of-1970-lawman-super-boss-429-being-unloaded-in-vietnam/#more-23035

besilarius

A female worker cleaning the rifling on a 15 inch rifle in Warwickshire.

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"