Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteU.S. Fleet moored in Pearl Harbor on 3 May 1940

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

That's a different angle than usually shown. Nice find.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

For those who can't get enough of Musashi and Yamato, there is a report that Mitsubishi shipyards have found 200 original blueprints.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20161204/k10010794821000.html   (Regrettably this report is in Japanese).
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: besilarius on December 07, 2016, 08:19:17 PM
For those who can't get enough of Musashi and Yamato, there is a report that Mitsubishi shipyards have found 200 original blueprints.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20161204/k10010794821000.html   (Regrettably this report is in Japanese).

Awesome find, Bes!

Though if you view it in Google Chrome, it does an admirable job of translating the page.

mirth

QuoteUSS Drayton (DD-366) off the West Coast in October 1941, as seen from a Navy Texan trainer

besilarius

Battlecruiser Seydlitz after Jutland.
Riding a little low.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

IIRC, Of all the heavies at Jutland, isn't Seydlitz the ship which suffered the worst pounding while still making it home?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

QuoteUS Marine Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAV) depart USS Bataan (LHD-5), 2016

besilarius

As all snipes will tell you.

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

Not really sure if this belongs under Ships or under Planes.

"With your eyes closed?"

undercovergeek

Quote from: besilarius on December 15, 2016, 07:42:50 AM

The Royal Navy in about 2 years

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 15, 2016, 09:47:19 AM
Quote from: besilarius on December 15, 2016, 07:42:50 AM

The Royal Navy in about 2 years

So there's going to be a budget increase?