Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Windigo on January 31, 2017, 12:03:39 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 30, 2017, 10:28:48 PM
like theres a chinese warship that can survive 2.....  ::)

You saying that that carrier (by virtue of its size) cant survive two of those?
I am assuming that those are exocet type missiles

They're homegrown Japanese SSMs, roughly equivalent to the US Harpoon. Two of them might not sink a ChiComm carrier, but they'd likely render it hors de combat.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteUSS Intrepid (CV-11) afire, after she was hit by a Kamikaze off Okinawa on 16 April 1945. Photographed from USS Alaska (CB-1), as a Fletcher class destroyer steams by in the foreground.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 31, 2017, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: Windigo on January 31, 2017, 12:03:39 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 30, 2017, 10:28:48 PM
like theres a chinese warship that can survive 2.....  ::)

You saying that that carrier (by virtue of its size) cant survive two of those?
I am assuming that those are exocet type missiles

They're homegrown Japanese SSMs, roughly equivalent to the US Harpoon. Two of them might not sink a ChiComm ex-Soviet ex-Indian carrier, but they'd likely render it hors de combat.

FTFY

GDS_Starfury

the problem with those carriers is how much exposed ordinance they carry.  missile engines dont respond well to explosions.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

The Chinese were at least smart enough to ditch the SSMs that the Russkis carry on theirs.

mirth

HMS King George V

mirth

QuoteUSS Woodrow Wilson (SSBN-624) starts down the way at Mare Island on 22 February 1963

mirth

QuoteHe-115 Aircraft Flies By A Scharnhorst Class Battleship And A German Destroyer During The Channel Dash, February, 1942.

mirth

QuoteUSS Utah (BB-31), getting painted, May 4, 1929

steve58

U.S. Navy officially decommissions the "Big E", the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier

After almost 55 years of active service, the USS Enterprise has been decommissioned. No, we're not talking about a certain starship, but the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, which was commissioned in the US Navy in 1961 and now bears the distinction of being the first nuclear carrier to be decommissioned. The eighth US Naval vessel to bear the name, the Enterprise was removed from the Navy list today as Captain Todd Beltz relinquished his command in a ceremony in the ship's hangar bay.

A ninth USS Enterprise (CVN 80), one of the Gerald R Ford class of nuclear supercarriers, is scheduled to enter service in 2027.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

besilarius

Plane being blown off the Lexington's flight deck by an explosion.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

Entrance wound of Yorktown at Coral Sea.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteQE class carrier compared to Invincible class

Staggerwing

Very impressive. Still, the QE seems to lack something, but what? I just can't quite put my finger on it... I'm sure the answer will land on me any moment though.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

It is somewhat confusing to see starboard side elevators.  Thought for a second the picture was reversed.

"With your eyes closed?"