Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 27, 2017, 08:22:31 PM
https://warisboring.com/chinas-second-aircraft-carrier-is-almost-complete-aeefad0aa293#.9qxsfslbc

Good article as usual. The Chinese are nowhere near threatening US and Allied naval power in the Pacific, though. Good for them having their first little aircraft carrier with training wheels by 2020.  ;D

besilarius

Damage from a near miss to Enterprise at Eastern Solomons.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteUSS California (BB-44) drydocked after Pearl Harbor.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

Dud bomb found on West Virginia
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteConstruction of the 14 inch guns for USS New York (BB-34) and USS Texas (BB-35).

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

besilarius

November 25,1944 kamikaze attack on Essex.

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

besilarius

Some crew chief screwed up big time.

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

QuoteBattleship guns being manufactured at the Washington Navy Yard, 1917

besilarius

The building is still there, but all the equipment is long gone.

"With your eyes closed?"

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on March 03, 2017, 05:54:01 AM

what the hell is that .... thing aft of the tower? I mean besides screwing up some sweet sub lines....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

Chamber for Special Forces ops.

Windigo

ahhh that's where they have the cow catapult...   :bd:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

besilarius

HMS Valiant damage by Italian pigs.  (Maila)

"With your eyes closed?"