Old School D&D Forum game

Started by MetalDog, January 29, 2012, 01:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Good find, DJ!  That's a great Character Record Sheet.  If the rest of you can use that, it would be helpful.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

The Puss

Hi guys,
I would love to give this a bash but have absolutely no experience of D&D.
I am in the UK and if this is a problem I will just follow on here instead.
My character would be "Tim the Ranger".
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

MetalDog

Quote from: The Puss on February 18, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Hi guys,
I would love to give this a bash but have absolutely no experience of D&D.
I am in the UK and if this is a problem I will just follow on here instead.
My character would be "Tim the Ranger".

Any relation to Tim the Enchanter?

And we'd be glad to have you along.  I am sending you your Attribute scores right now.  Use the OSRIC rules posted earlier in this thread to familiarize yourself with what we are doing.  And don't worry, there's a few newbies along for the ride with you.

TheCommandTent

MetalDog I think I have my character sheet all filled out.  However, I don't think I can PM the file to you and the file is a bit to big to attach to the post.  Is there any other way I could send it to you so you could look it over.

Thanks, Dan
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Try my Member Profile.  My e-mail addy should be there.  If not, I'll PM it to you.

Double Deuce

Quote from: MetalDog on February 18, 2012, 12:57:11 PM
Alright.  Everyone who expressed an interest has received a PM from me with dice rolls.  They can be used in any order to make your character.  You can also change the numbers with a two for one method.

PM sent to clarify something before I start creating my character.   8)

The Puss

Quote from: MetalDog on February 18, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
Any relation to Tim the Enchanter?
Nah, a very silly West of Scotland joke I have nursed for over 30 years. Tim = catholic, Ranger = protestant.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Double Deuce

Quote from: MetalDog on February 18, 2012, 01:34:19 PMIf the rest of you can use that, it would be helpful.

How do you want the character sheets/information sent to you? Posted here, via PM, etc?

MetalDog

You can e-mail it to me.  SCDJ said he can't attach it in a file to post here or in a PM.  I'll PM you my e-mail addy.

Double Deuce

Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2012, 06:50:33 AM
You can e-mail it to me.  SCDJ said he can't attach it in a file to post here or in a PM.  I'll PM you my e-mail addy.

File sent. Its in .pdf format so if its too big let me know and I will convert it to 2 images files or some such so its not so large a file. ;-)

EDIT: Managed to get the char sheet small enough as screenshots to upload. :-)

Staggerwing

Gunnar,
How did you manage to enter text into the PDF? I tried and was locked out somehow.
Also, Since I'm a n00b at this,

In attributes,where does one get the values for XP, AC, HP?

Do we all start at level 1? Do we roll ourselves for age?

Can we choose what languages we know?

Where do we get the Saves values from?

Same with To Hit.

Are we given a certain amount to spend on Weapons, equipment, and Armor?

Wealth?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Double Deuce

Quote from: StaggerwingHow did you manage to enter text into the PDF? I tried and was locked out somehow.

I'm using an Adobe Acrobat clone that allows me to enter/edit information on the fillable form and save it as a new .pdf.

Quote from: StaggerwingIn attributes,where does one get the values for XP, AC, HP?

Do we all start at level 1? Do we roll ourselves for age?

Can we choose what languages we know?

Where do we get the Saves values from?

Same with To Hit.

Are we given a certain amount to spend on Weapons, equipment, and Armor?Wealth?

My info is what I think he letting us use (default OSRIC info).

If we are starting at 1st level (and I believe we are) then you get max HP and 0 XP.

AC is determined once you buy armor and adjust for Dexterity bonus.

I rolled my own age based on class and race.

I picked general languages, (my Intelligence gives a +3 language bonus to the one Humans know, Common). If MetalDog has specific ones for the campaign he will probably let us know and I can adjust my sheet.

Saves and To Hit are in the individual Classes section.

For $$, I used the standard starting Money in the OSRIC book page 28 (Each character begins the game with a certain amount of money to buy initial equipment—how much depends on the character's class. Clerics and druids receive 30-180gp (3d6 x 10); fighters, rangers and paladins receive 50-200gp ((3d6+2) x 10); magic users and illusionists receive 20-80gp (2d4 x 10), while thieves and assassins receive 20-120gp (2d6 x 10).)

Staggerwing

If we choose a character with dual attributes which ones determine these values if the race/class values are different?
I was hoping to go with a Half-Elf who was a Cleric/Fighter (Allowed per the rules I think).

Where do I locate HP?
Also, do we spend all our money on initial weapons and equipment or do we need to save some?
If I can be a Cleric and fighter am I allowed bladed weapons and missile types as well or do I
need to stick with blunt only?

Sorry for all the questions!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Double Deuce

I think the only allowed race is Human, posted back near the beginning pages of the thread. I had to redo mine due to that limitation for the campaign.

HP are under the character classes descriptions, where it says "Hit Die Type". Usually PC's get Max HP at 1st level so a Cleric would start with 8 HP, a Fighter 10 and so on.

Staggerwing

Thanks for clearing that up  :) I'll redo my character to Human Cleric.