Class - Fighter
Alignment - Chaotic Neutral
Str - 14
Dex - 12
Con - 16
Int - 13
Wis - 11
Cha - 8

Now how go you go about XP, HP, AC, Level, Age, Weight?
Also how much have I got to spend on the essentials of war?
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Double Deuce

Quote from: The PussNow how go you go about XP, HP, AC, Level, Age, Weight?Also how much have I got to spend on the essentials of war?

Check Reply #117,  should answer some your questions there.

MetalDog

Double D, thanks for picking up the slack for me.  Your answers are spot on.

Yes it is Humans only.  Classes are Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Cleric, Thief.

XP is gained by playing the adventure and is at the DM's discretion for amount and when awarded.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

For those of you participating in our little experiment here, I am going to be moving in the next ten days or so.  There is also a new lady in my life.  Therefore, my time is extremely limited for the moment.  However, once the move is complete, things should free up and we can get the ball rolling in earnest.  The good Lord has blessed me with an extremely understanding woman and I believe that I will be able to devote more time to getting this off the ground the first week or two of March. 

In the meantime, take a look at the short posts I made in the Rise of the North thread.  I will try to give some more information on the Avion Knights and the Southern Empire by the weekend.  And as for the area the adventure will take place in, it is a rather lawless hinterland that has just struck the mother lode in magical ore.  Think California gold rush times a thousand.  Add to the speculators, humanoids, bandits, the cold and the difficulty of reaching the region and you have an idea of what is coming down the line.

As for St. Alphonso ( I can never type that without a grin), his worship in this area is considered a neccessity as well as good luck.  You will be operating from a fortified monastery and making your forays from there.

GF just logged in so I gotta go.  Peace :-)

TheCommandTent

Good luck with the move MetalDog.  Glad you found yourself an understanding woman.

We are looking forward to the game but we want you to be able to get it right so take the time you need we'll be waiting :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on February 21, 2012, 08:51:07 PMI am going to be moving in the next ten days or so.  There is also a new lady in my life. 

hmmmm.... methinks the two may be connected?

go get 'em you dog, you 8)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Enjoy your new gal's company as much as you can.

Gives me more time to figure out what I've gotten myself into with this here RPG thing.. ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

twitter3

Good Dog - or is it 'Bad' Dog???? 

I will be following this game very closely and interested to see how the characters perform throughout the story.  I do miss my D&D days...if I only had a time machine.

Double Deuce

Just wanted to throw this out there for those who may be interested.

If anyone wants me to throw together a character sheet like the one I made for my player character I'd be willing to help out. You would just need to PM me the information and I can plug it in for you. I doubt I'll have the time to keep them continually updated as the campaign progresses but I can get the base sheet filled out and you could then print it out and pencil in the changes at your end.

TheCommandTent

Not to be 'that guy' but has this game gone the way of the mammoths or are we still waiting for Metal Dog to get back on his feet from the move?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I doubt that it's the Move that's draining his energy... ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

I've never played D&D but would like to give it go.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

You all have my apologies.  RL has risen up in a way I had not expected.  I fully intend to go forward with this, I have had quite literally, zero time to make any of it happen.  Please bear with me.  Once my life calms down to a point that I will have the time to take this forward, I will take you all on an adventure.  That means you, too, bob48.  So take this time to brush up on your AD&D 1st Edition rules or get a good idea what D&D is all about if you've never played.  I'll be back as soon as I can.

twitter3

Let us know when you are free - and if you need more players I'll jump in if you have room.  Hope all is well MD.

Bison

Trust me there is nothing wrong with Metaldog.  Well perhaps some, uh, exhaustion related issues.