Any interest in another Fantasy based Play by Post RPG?

Started by Double Deuce, March 29, 2013, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 03, 2013, 09:11:00 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 03, 2013, 08:29:22 PMViking themed would be cool.

OK, here is your draft character. I just plugged it into the standard character sheet and need to recheck the numbers, especially for the skill levels based on occupation and stuff. I am also plugging it into the software I have that generates about a 9 page character sheet, in excrutiating personal detail but its mainly for me to add notes the PC may not be aware of and track other stuff.

Good stuff thanks for taking care of all the heavy lifting.  Do you have a link or anything to something that explains all the abbreviations and fields on the character sheet.  Most of the first page I understand, except for parts of the bottom of the page but the second page has alot of numbers and such under different fields and I'm just curious what it all means :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Much of these you will not need to know, its behind the scenes stuff for calculating the stuff on the sheet to get the final numbers but the following should help with most of them.

SHEK PVAR
- Is Magic Users
WGT  - Weight
WQ - Weapon Quality (affects how easily it may break)
A/D - Attack/Defense Adjustment (the bonus the Weapon/Item adds to your skill roll)
HM  - Not sure yet :-)
B  E  P  F - Armor Penetration Bonus added to your Damage/Hit Roll based on the weapon attack type (B Blunt Aspect, E Edge Aspect, P Point Aspect and F Fire/Frost Aspect). For example a Handaxe [4/6/(4)] could be used to Bash (Blunt), Cut (Edge), or Puncture (Point). basically the best aspect is uses against the armor your come into contact with. The '()' around the 4 means it only Punctures if there is no armor on the hit location.
AML Attack Skill with the Weapon/Item
DML Defense Skill with the Weapon/Item
HR Healing Rate
ILs - Injury Levels
SB - Skill Base
ML - Mastery Level
OML - Opening Mastery Level
EML - Effective Mastery Level
SI - Skill Index
CS - Critical Success
MS - Marginal Success
MF - Marginal Failure
CF - Critical Failure
IP - Injury Penalty
FP - Fatigue Penalty
EP - Encumbrance Penalty
UP - Universal Penalty
IL - Injury Level
FL - Fatigue Level

Double Deuce

OK, I found a way to get the character software I have to publish all the pages to a single PDF file so once I recheck all the numbers and stuff, I'll print the whole shebang and attach it. Since not all pages are necessary (like the page on magic) I will only upload the pages that would be essential, maybe 4 of them.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Here the DRAFT, full blown character sheets minus some pages that aren't important for now, mostly based on the character occupation, such as not being a Priest/Magic User. Although the Religion section will probably be needed to help with background information so it would be included in the final copy. This should be enough for people to get the picture though.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 04, 2013, 07:01:51 AM
Here the DRAFT, full blown character sheets minus some pages that aren't important for now, mostly based on the character occupation, such as not being a Priest/Magic User. Although the Religion section will probably be needed to help with background information so it would be included in the final copy. This should be enough for people to get the picture though.

That is quite an extensive sheet.  What more do you need from me?

Double Deuce

I think that's it but I do need to print out your character sheet and then walk back through the character creation section of the rulebook to check some things and if needed flesh out the rest of the background to go with the game story.

Double Deuce

Opps, almost forget the 5 OPs (Option Points) you can use to increase current skills or open new ones you do not have. I will post a list here shortly of all the available skills to choose from.

Double Deuce

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Double Deuce on April 04, 2013, 10:41:10 AM
Opps, almost forget the 5 OPs (Option Points) you can use to increase current skills or open new ones you do not have. I will post a list here shortly of all the available skills to choose from.

Use one of the points to open the swimming skill.  Then use the other 4 to add to awareness, survival, bow, and initiative.

Do you have any links for me so I can read up on some of the basic background of the area the game will be taking place in?  I've been looking around for stuff on Harnworld and I've seen some basic info but short of buying stuff (which I am very tempted to do) I haven't seen anything specific.

Double Deuce

No need to spend $$. Here are some links although information may be duplicated between them;

Player's Guide to HârnMaster

HârnWorld Common Knowledge

The 12 page PDF found at Player's Guide to Hârn also covers some good information. For location orientation, would be located in the kingdom of Orbaal which is the northern section (kinda light green part) on the following map.

TheCommandTent

Toonces

DD- do you just want to take over my Pendragon campaign for a while?  I'm having trouble finding time to get back into it.  I can send you the campaign stuff you need, so it's a cheap buy-in.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Double Deuce

Quote from: Toonces on April 05, 2013, 11:09:54 PM
DD- do you just want to take over my Pendragon campaign for a while?  I'm having trouble finding time to get back into it.  I can send you the campaign stuff you need, so it's a cheap buy-in.

I don't know that I'm up to speed enough on the Pendragon stuff although it is basically the Medieval time frame (actually more Dark Ages I guess) and so is Harn to a great degree just a slightly more fantasy tone. All the PC's are knights in Pendragon game so we could look at finding a way of merging them if they were up for it.

TheCommandTent

Toonces, think you can join us for this campaign?  I'm sure Raghnall could use a friend :)

Speaking of which, DD can you give us any more info on the game?  I know Raghnall is itching for adventure.   ;D