Savage Firefly virtual campaign? It'll be shiny. . .

Started by skeptical.platypus, January 17, 2014, 04:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeptical.platypus

Anyone interested in a scifi campaign played via virtual tabletop (I'm thinking the RPG tools suite, but open to suggestions)?

Setting will be the Firefly Universe, vaguely canonical. Game system will be Savage Worlds. Over-arching plot defines the sandbox. Will be shooting for 50%/50% rp/combat, which usually means 25%/75%.

A lot of details will need to be worked out, obviously (time and frequency among them). This post is largely to send up a flag and see who salutes.

Newbies completely welcome. Savage Worlds is a very easy system to learn, and does great justice to the d12.

The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

bayonetbrant

Savage Worlds is a great system, but I just don't have the time to join any of the online games right now, sorry
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

I've never tried SW but wouldn't be able to commit to this at present as there are some guys on another site trying to get me to run a HarnMaster game and that will probably take most of my free time.

Arctic Blast

Ack! Tempting...I love the Savage Worlds system. But I've barely had game time to begin with, and a friend is rolling out a Deathwatch campaign and a Weird War II campaign in the near future. Sadly, I'll probably have to decline this time.  :'(

skeptical.platypus

Thanks for the interest, folks. I certainly understand having too little time and too many gaming opportunities. It's the right kind of problem to have!

The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

BanzaiCat

Certainly interesting for me as well, although I have to avoid this for the same reasons. I can't commit to something I can't make it to regularly. How often were you intending to meet up with this?

Never played Savage Worlds. I do have a copy of the Firefly RPG book around my home somewhere, but I've never played it (I know this isn't it, I'm just saying).

skeptical.platypus

I generally compromise at biweekly for the sessions I run. I would prefer weekly for continuity's sake, but just don't have the time to prep. I've done monthly, and I'm not vehemently opposed to it, but I find it difficult to maintain a sense of campaign.