Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:40:39 AM
Dude, don't add the GPS to the PMDG 737!  Learn to fly the plane the right way, the way the pros do it!  That's why you spent the big bucks on the plane in the first place.

I'm seriously considering picking up the PMDG 777.  Man, it looks so sweet.

I am flying it the right way... just wanted the GPS to see what kind of 'progress' I'm making..

PanzersEast

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2013, 06:16:04 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 17, 2013, 01:40:39 AM
Dude, don't add the GPS to the PMDG 737!  Learn to fly the plane the right way, the way the pros do it!  That's why you spent the big bucks on the plane in the first place.

I'm seriously considering picking up the PMDG 777.  Man, it looks so sweet.

I am flying it the right way... just wanted the GPS to see what kind of 'progress' I'm making..

Having the gps as an reference does not alter how the plane is flown... You must still use the FMC.

For those who are new to procedural flying this can help...
PE

republic

Fooling around in my Nesher.  :)

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Nefaro

jomni

Nefaro, how did your air cobra lose its wings in that fashion?

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2013, 10:22:59 PM
Nefaro, how did your air cobra lose its wings in that fashion?

Someone shot me.  The nerve!

You can see their aircraft in the background of the first shot.  They had taken me surprise, from behind.  I believe it was someone in a Spitfire MkII or MkV.  I rarely get both wings shot off at the same time so I was a bit surprised when it happened in the same instant.  Those damn 20mm Hispanos can be nasty.  Russian cannon definitely have the highest damage output of all the same-sized shells (as does their machineguns it seems) and is cause for my mention of WT's "Russian bias" in another thread here, but the Hispanos probably come in at 2nd best.  They also regularly kill my pilot in head-on shootouts pretty quickly.

The tables were turned when I was in the Beaufighter Mk X.  It has 4x20mm hispanos and something like 6x.303 machineguns (along with eight rockets I loaded for that match).  Those things are brutal if you can keep someone in your sights for a short time.  :D

War Thunder (and WoWP) catches crap for being Arcade sims, and I do wish WT had better speed & stall modelling in 'Arcade Mode', but it's still a lot of fun.  Very convenient being able to jump right into 12v12 matches in just a few seconds, repeatedly.  I also balk at having to pull out and set up the HOTAS, the TrackIR, move crap around on my desk to make room for them, and set up all the software settings for the specific flight sim of the moment, every time I want to play a proper flight sim.  I'd play those more often if it didn't feel like I was cluttering up my area, having crap hanging on my head & ears, and extra wires running all over.  The mouse & keyboard is just very convenient, in comparison.

Rayfer

How do you get these screenshots to post here? I tried for the first time with one screenshot from Ageod's ACW2. Used FRAPS, tried post the shot but it was rejected as being too large, over the allowed mb limit.  Obviously I am doing something wrong as I see some posts with multiple screen shots.

W8taminute

If you try to upload files from your computer you will need to make sure they are under the size limit as well as the type that this site accepts. 

You could also upload your images to a image storage site such as ImageShack or Photobucket and '['img']'insert link to image here'['/img']'.  Do not include the quotes as I did in my example when using the image code.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Ageod's ACW...Union campaign that started in early April, 1861 got hot in early June, 1861 with a battle at Manassas Va.  I lost as detailed in the screenshot.

Rayfer

The start of the late June, 1861 turn showing northern Va and the DC area.

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on October 22, 2013, 12:33:41 PM
Ageod's ACW...Union campaign that started in early April, 1861 got hot in early June, 1861 with a battle at Manassas Va.  I lost as detailed in the screenshot.

Nice screen!  Glad to see you figured out how to make images work here.  How historically accurate as well since the Union lost the first battle of Manasass.  Although the rebs were outnumbered in your battle they seem to have won because of the better quality leaders at their disposal.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on October 22, 2013, 01:32:48 PM

Although the rebs were outnumbered in your battle they seem to have won because of the better quality leaders at their disposal.

They also had entrenchment bonuses, amongst other things.

Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on October 22, 2013, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on October 22, 2013, 01:32:48 PM

Although the rebs were outnumbered in your battle they seem to have won because of the better quality leaders at their disposal.

They also had entrenchment bonuses, amongst other things.

And on the next turn I blundered trying to get them out of Manassas and back to Alexandria but forot to change their posture off of attack and they got smacked again.  Live and learn as they say.