Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 09, 2013, 01:20:42 PM
Thanks Star. Just what I need today are more king-sized distractions.  ;)

far be it from me to judge a man that likes long hard white tubes that are tapered at the ends.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Dolan50 on December 08, 2013, 01:18:50 AM
Early morning soviet cavalry platoon raid that over ran a German inf gun position and knocked out a German APC. GTOS

Very nice! 

I'm curious: does anyone else around sometimes find themselves playing a game not so much for the game, but because they like to take awesome screenshots?   :D  Some games are just great about that:  Sins of a Solar Empire, Scourge of War (with a little help from a graphics program  :) ), Combat Missionx2.  And now...Wargame: ALB!  After swearing off video games for awhile, I suddenly find myself in a torrid love affair with ALB's skirmish mode precisely because they lead to epic screenshots.  Case in point:  what I like to call A Scene from Team Yankee: The Movie (I can dream, can't I?  >:(  ):

That's a KPz T-72M using the burning wreck of a BTR as cover as it returns fire against an assailant (don't recall what).  Between this map's naturally gloomy skies (I love how Eugen didn't go sunny with every map!), and the smoke from the burning wreck, this shot really has an apocalyptic tone to it.

This shot was enhanced with Infranview, Paint.net, and a bit with Photobucket's editor function.

PS:  All the programs I mentioned above are free, so I encourage others to try enhancing your screenshots with their functionality.  You'd be amazed at how a little bit of tuning here and there will really bring out the detail and realism in a screenshot.  Some games come to life in a way that is hard to believe until you see it - which is part of the fun!  For example, just adding a bit of "softening" (i.e., blurring) to a shot will remove the artificiality of jagged edges that are noticeable in even the best graphics.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

BanzaiCat

Quote from: RooksBailey on December 09, 2013, 09:29:38 PM

This shot was enhanced with Infranview, Paint.net, and a bit with Photobucket's editor function.

PS:  All the programs I mentioned above are free, so I encourage others to try enhancing your screenshots with their functionality.  You'd be amazed at how a little bit of tuning here and there will really bring out the detail and realism in a screenshot.  Some games come to life in a way that is hard to believe until you see it - which is part of the fun!  For example, just adding a bit of "softening" (i.e., blurring) to a shot will remove the artificiality of jagged edges that are noticeable in even the best graphics.

Thanks, RB. I might give this a try with Wargame: EE.

GDS_Starfury

WG:ALB and EE are lots of fun.  start with EE first though.  before my pc died I was getting quite nasty with gunship cavalry backed up by arty.  you just need lots of supplies and a decent screen to keep them.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Dolan50

GTOS
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

RooksBailey

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 10, 2013, 07:38:37 AM
Thanks, RB. I might give this a try with Wargame: EE.

It is a lot of fun.  I really get a kick out of making a memento of sorts from a pleasant gaming session.  Using a screenshot to make custom wallpaper is particularly fun.  For example, that shot I enhanced above looks absolutely great as wallpaper at my monitors native resolution - I've noticed bigger can be better with this stuff as it makes subtle detail more noticeable. 

Anyway, it is fun.  It is like a hobby within a hobby. 

Another shot I did:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Tuna

RealAir Turbine Duke 50% Xmas!  8)

Tuna

Tonight's new toy.. Milviz Baron 55.. All Milviz planes are 30% off till Sunday.. This and the Real Air Duke, I am loving.. .jeez, I'm spending too much with all these Xmas sales!.. Lord help me if A2A has a sale!

Just took it for a quick buzz around, I love what I see.. gotta figure out where the heck the Avionics Power is!

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 10, 2013, 12:00:23 PM
WG:ALB and EE are lots of fun.  start with EE first though.  before my pc died I was getting quite nasty with gunship cavalry backed up by arty.  you just need lots of supplies and a decent screen to keep them.

CLOD: Ju88 crossing coast

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 13, 2013, 11:31:09 PM
Is the Ju88 flyable?

It probably is.  The Stuka and the Heinkel are flyable, but I've done my bombing time in Blenheims. 

I just loaded up RoF after not having it on the new machine...ie no RoF since Last April.  I got the pusher bomber (the FE-2b).  It carries a pretty good bombload for a plane from 1916:

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 13, 2013, 11:31:09 PM
Is the Ju88 flyable?

Yes!  Here's a view looking down into the bombardier's station from the pilot's seat:

Nefaro

Downed a Roland C.II in my Camel in 70 Sqd, Aug 1917.

He's spinning like a top, pilot probably dead but I'm watching him go down to make sure he's not "playing possum".  You can see I have a few bullet holes in my left wing from his gunner.