Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

WOFF campaign in an Albatros D.III

Nefaro

Here I am, waiting to die after landing a damaged Albatros on a notoriously deadly WOFFence just short of a friendly aerodrome ..  when I hear some gunplay happening overhead...  Are they gonna strafe me?!

My final blood gurgling cries are of laughter, knowing my wingmates avenged my approaching death.   ;D

I had originally thought the bastard was going to ram me when I saw him spiralling down from such heights!  My engine had stopped, and I crash landed with some serious pilot wounds previously received from a flight of SPAD VIIs about ten minutes before this.  This pack of Nieuports happened to be near the aerodrome I was gliding towards and decided to give chase in the hopes of an easy kill (me!).  Luckily there was another friendly flight in the area and they, in turn, started chasing my pursuers.  By the time I crash landed there was a furball overhead.  So I had some entertainment whilst bleeding out.  Such interesting strings of events in WOFF campaigns.

Nefaro

Nefaro

Buzzing an Obs Balloon in ROF.

Those poor balloon observers.  Like sitting ducks, their only option was to perform the early equivalent of a base jump from their large & highly flammable craft, with iffy parachutes.  It's easy to see why they were limited to three parachute jumps before being relieved as they inevitably went nuts.  I just happened right past this friendly one when turning around - not a sadist or anything.  :P

Nefaro

Capn Darwin

Very nice WW! aircraft screens. Makes me wish I had the free time to invest in playing it.  :'(
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on April 19, 2014, 02:30:39 PM
Very nice WW! aircraft screens. Makes me wish I had the free time to invest in playing it.  :'(

While other flight sims only tend to hold my attention for very short stretches, these two World War One flight sims just keep me coming constantly back.  Especially WOFF's old style dynamic single-player campaign.   :-*

Those old crates take some finesse to dogfight with and they each have a distinct personality when it comes to stick & rudder.  Makes the actual flying much more interesting for me than anything which came later.  With such low speeds and massive surface area for lift, the aerobatic style is a bit different too.  8)

MengJiao

They look like wonderful games!  Meanwhile, here is a screenshot of my Scythians killing the leader of the Iceni in a Multiplayer Rome II online battle:

Nefaro

ROF Dawn Patrol.  October 26, 1917.

I  :-* the Sopwith Camel in both games.  Definitely a regular Camel Jockey.

Diving towards No Man's Land near Ypres.

See the DFW C.V going down in this shot?

Perforated BMW.

While ROF looks better than WOFF, and has better flight and damage modelling, the dynamic campaign and AI pilots are much better in the latter.  I still do some campaign missions in ROF on occasion just to enjoy the view and the more precise feeling of it's flight model.  It's really a tough toss-up between the two but I tend to play single-player more often in WOFF.  Still need to get familiarized with ROF because it's the only one with Multiplayer.

Jack Nastyface

Tough corner in Quadriga...
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 20, 2014, 08:45:34 PM

They look like wonderful games!  Meanwhile, here is a screenshot of my Scythians killing the leader of the Iceni in a Multiplayer Rome II online battle:

And even heavier Steppe Barbarians:

-budd-

imageshack starting charging, what does everyone use for free image hosting?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Kushan

Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2014, 09:27:08 PM

I use Flickr.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RooksBailey

Yeah, I saw that.  I really don't know what they are thinking.  Too many free alternatives out there.

I love Photobucket.  Not only is it a reliable host, but the free tools are pretty powerful for cleaning up images. 

http://photobucket.com/

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

www.postimage.org

I use the "Direct Link" shortcut and place each in the [img] tags.