Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Here's a screenshot from Company of Heroes 2, massaged a bit with Photobucket and some other programs.  A Soviet AT gun crew turn their weapon on a cottage occupied by some fascists:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

^Excuse me, but WOW!

That almost makes me want to reinstall this stupid game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2014, 02:58:57 PM
^Excuse me, but WOW!

I have to admit, that did come out better than I thought.  It is really interesting to me how certain game engines respond really well to some enhancement, and others don't respond at all.  And it really has nothing to do with the quality of the graphics themselves.  For example, the sprite-based Scourge of War comes out really, really good too. 

Taking screenshots and massaging them has become a hobby within a hobby for me lately.  You really can get some cool mementos of a gameplay session with a little bit of work.

You didn't care for CoH 2?  I tried it this past weekend when it was free to play and had fun.  I think Men of War: Assault Squad actually does a few things better, but CoH2 is really packed with content: the SP campaign, the solo battles, the MP against other players and the AI...there really is a ton to do.  Seeing how I could get  CoH2 with all the DLC, plus the original game with all the expansions for $27, I was happy to fork over the cash.  I don't stick around long in WWII games, but this title is proving to be a lot of fun for the few hours I played it so far.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2014, 02:58:57 PM
^Excuse me, but WOW!

ROFL!

-budd-

Thx for the tips on the picture hosting, I decided to go with photobucket.

I've been sinking time into 7 days to Die. A big update is supposed to come out early May, totally smooth terrain, motion capture for zombie and player animations, land claim system and random generated worlds are the big things. These guys have been pumping out the updates. the updates are supposed to start slowing down so people don't have to restart all the time. I just started playing online, yea there is some PvP but their are servers PvE only. If you like zombies it's at a point where it's defiantly worth a look.

Here's a few shots from the latest build.

My favorite starting setup point, a small cabin on spillway lake. Easy to board up, water close by and plenty of rabbits and deer to hunt and a fireplace to cook on. I have torches on the chimney because i popped a hole in the roof and placed a ladder to escape if my door or windows don't hold.

View of spillway lake from my front yard.

This was added last update. The wandering hoard.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

I am really looking forward to 7 Days to Die!  It sounds like it is going to be a great survivalist game.  Thanks for the screenshots!  The one with the lake is especially creepy...yet relaxing.   :D

BTW: Does the 4th action button dispense soft serve ice cream on demand?  LOL!

-budd-

;D aloe cream for a health boost.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Kushan

Some shots of my Myrmidon frigate in SPG2. Going to look into a way to turn the UI off when taking screenshots.

Pass a jump gate

Entering a wormhole

Cruising along

Odd bits of space junk

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on April 28, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

It's shaving cream for spraying into peoples hand when they're sleeping.

Gotta find your own amusement during the Zompocalypse!

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on April 28, 2014, 10:57:13 PM
Some shots of my Myrmidon frigate in SPG2. Going to look into a way to turn the UI off when taking screenshots.

Do you know how to investigate the anomalies that you can sometimes find?  In the first SPG, there was a 'Scan' command but I see nothing of the sort in this one.

Similarly, I can't seem to loot wrecks of ships I've blown up without shooting them into space dust once more after they're already dead.  Makes me wonder if these things haven't been added yet.

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Do you know how to investigate the anomalies that you can sometimes find?  In the first SPG, there was a 'Scan' command but I see nothing of the sort in this one.

You can do this with just about everything, but left click to target it, then hit your middle mouse button to bring up a context menu. Works with fast travel, repair facilities, etc.

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Similarly, I can't seem to loot wrecks of ships I've blown up without shooting them into space dust once more after they're already dead.  Makes me wonder if these things haven't been added yet.

From the tutorial, its my understanding that is what your supposed to do. Same thing with asteroids and random bits of space junk. Its a little gamey, but I don't mind it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Nefaro

Aw crap.  I forgot about the middle mouse button menu.  Thanks!

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 11:31:31 PM
Aw crap.  I forgot about the middle mouse button menu.  Thanks!

There's a couple of things that could use some better documentation. I reloaded 2-3 times while doing a ferry mission because I didn't realize packages where automatically delivered when you docked at the target station.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2014, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on April 28, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

It's shaving cream for spraying into peoples hand when they're sleeping.

Gotta find your own amusement during the Zompocalypse!

If you could do that in the game I would buy it right now!   ;D

RooksBailey

Did another one:

This was the same battle.  That AT crew was soon over-matched so I brought in "Big Bertha".  :D