Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Very cool.

I also like the T-80 Asid. There's something very "workman" like in the T-80 that the M1, Leopard and the Challenger don't have...it LOOKS like a brutal killing machine where the others are kind of sexy killing machines.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I love that. Is that X-Plane or FSX? I know you have both.

I wish to god FSX and all my lovely addons would work without crashing. I simply don't fire it up anymore because it was a massive PITA flying for an hour or 2 or even 3 and having a system crash!

So I just don't bother with it anymore...not knowing when a crash would occur and not having an in-game save to go to just made the whole experience unpredictable and infuriating.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

This is X-Plane.  Thanks to 64bit, I can crank up the detail without fear of crashing.

Staggerwing

Is the Steam version of X-Plane 10 compatible with all the add on planes, terrain, and what-not out there? Also, are the add ons specific to OS or can I buy a terrain & scenery set and have it work on both a windowbox and a Mac, not needing to buy it twice?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 19, 2014, 06:31:54 AM
Is the Steam version of X-Plane 10 compatible with all the add on planes, terrain, and what-not out there? Also, are the add ons specific to OS or can I buy a terrain & scenery set and have it work on both a windowbox and a Mac, not needing to buy it twice?

I don't have the Steam version but it should be compatible.  Most scenery and aircraft are compatible with Windows and Mac. 
Installing is so simple that you can just put the add-ons in the CustomScenery and Aircraft folders.  No installers to fiddle with.
Though there are some tools that only work with Windows.  I believe you need to do some research on that.

The biggest downer in X-Plane is the scenery.  There's not a lot and you really have to work (look for scenery or make one yourself) to make the airports look pretty.  Most default airports don't have buildings. :(  The scenery in my pictures is enhanced by a free add-on which improves the mesh.  The hills look so much prettier.  The default scenery does not look as nice as FSX.

By the way, you only have summer textures.  It never snows in the X-Plane world by default.  But you can replace the textures with snow if you want but it's all manual.  Not synchronized to the actual date.

Rayfer

Nice SOW screenies RB....I love that game and keep going back to it between the other diversions.

Staggerwing

Thanks Jomni. I think I'll hold off for now on buying it. I already own FSX.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

jomni

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 19, 2014, 08:08:50 AM

If you own FSX, there's no real reason to move to X-Plane unless you have money to spare to just explore or you are overly frustrated with the FSX platform.

Asid

Quote from: jomni on October 19, 2014, 08:17:51 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 19, 2014, 08:08:50 AM

If you own FSX, there's no real reason to move to X-Plane unless you have money to spare to just explore or you are overly frustrated with the FSX platform.

I have both and at this time prefer FSX (with addons). I haven't touched X Plane in quite a while.

regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Staggerwing

Only drawback is FSX only runs on Windows and I spend most of my time on a Mac. I'll have to get serious about upgrading my windowbox with a new GFX card and adding some more RAM.

Or I may leave it and build a dual boot Steam Machine at some point when finances allow.

jomni

Pike & Shot multiplayer session.

I am playing the HRE.  My main line of infantry trading volleys against the Swedish troops.  My cavalry on the right flank is faltering while I am dominating in my left.  This is a massive battle.

JudgeDredd

I've been dying to ask this - what are the big "haystack" things in the middle of the troops? They look like siege units or something - but can't be. Are they raised pikes?
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

Great screenie jomni.....I love the look of this game. I share JD's question about the 'haystacks'?

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2014, 11:36:39 AM
I've been dying to ask this - what are the big "haystack" things in the middle of the troops? They look like siege units or something - but can't be. Are they raised pikes?

Raised pikes.