Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on October 22, 2014, 06:31:15 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 22, 2014, 07:30:34 AM
Jomni, nice screens, but you must have the patience of Job to drive that thing around. I'd be wanting to run people over and cause mass mayhem.  :idiot2:

Actually between Bus Simulator (pictures above are form OMSI 2 which is the best of the lot), Train Simulator, Flight Simulator (FSX and X-Plane), flying is the most engaging.  Bus driving comes in second.  Train driving is the most monotonous as it's literally "on rails".

Load of wood from Spintires:

jomni

Quote from: MengJiao on October 22, 2014, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 22, 2014, 06:31:15 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 22, 2014, 07:30:34 AM
Jomni, nice screens, but you must have the patience of Job to drive that thing around. I'd be wanting to run people over and cause mass mayhem.  :idiot2:

Actually between Bus Simulator (pictures above are form OMSI 2 which is the best of the lot), Train Simulator, Flight Simulator (FSX and X-Plane), flying is the most engaging.  Bus driving comes in second.  Train driving is the most monotonous as it's literally "on rails".

Load of wood from Spintires:

Spintires!  I always get stuck in the mud in that game. 

Bombardier Talent 2 operated by Deutsche Bahn in Train Simulator 2015. 

JudgeDredd

There's something rather enticing about Train Simulator, Farming Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm not sure what - because they should bore me, but surprisingly, they don't.

Maybe I'll pick me up a bit of Bus Simulator in the sales.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 23, 2014, 07:44:37 AM
There's something rather enticing about Train Simulator, Farming Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm not sure what - because they should bore me, but surprisingly, they don't.

Bus Simulator and OMSI 2 are definitely not boring as you need to navigate the streets, keep the timetable, and have to issue the proper ticket (in German) and give the exact change.  :idiot2:
But there is limited content especially Bus Simulator.  And Bus Simulator physics is laughable.  OMSI is better has a few add-ons and have a bigger mod community.  Of course, it is more expensive.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on October 23, 2014, 07:47:47 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 23, 2014, 07:44:37 AM

Bus Simulator and OMSI 2 are definitely not boring as you need to navigate the streets, keep the timetable, and have to issue the proper ticket (in German) and give the exact change.  :idiot2:
But there is limited content especially Bus Simulator.  And Bus Simulator physics is laughable.  OMSI is better has a few add-ons and have a bigger mod community.  Of course, it is more expensive.
Thx. In German you say? mmm... ???
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 23, 2014, 08:08:48 AM
Thx. In German you say? mmm... ???

The bus games are developed by Germans so naturally the in-game voice are all German and the routes and tickets are German.
The text in the interface, manual, tutorial etc. are all English.   It's just that you drive around German cities so you are in a German setting.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on October 23, 2014, 07:36:57 AM

Spintires!  I always get stuck in the mud in that game. 

I've been sunk in a river and fallen into a volcano.  Getting stuck is something I've learned to avoid most of the time.

I can't recommend the game, but for me it is kinda fun from time to time.  There's kind of a "What if Walt Disney worked in a Soviet Labor Camp?" atmosphere.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

M1A2sep platoons moving in column formation. Viewed through night vision.

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Cougar 6x6 MRAP
War in Pieces

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 24, 2014, 06:36:28 PM
Target Practice!  ;D

The MRAP???  It can be a bit of a beast depending on load-out  :knuppel2:
War in Pieces

jomni

In OMSI 2, when you meet with an accident (bumping cars and pedestrians),  you have to stop the bus, put on the hazard lights, and call the police.  The police will come in a few minutes and clear up the site.  Then you will be given a time penalty.  You have a choice of running away from the police, no time penalty, but you will be reprimanded and it will be recorded in your profile.  I don't believe they will revoke your license if you do this too many times though but this all reflects in your driver rating.

W8taminute

That's a great screenshot!

OMSI 2 has been on my wishlist for quite a while now.  Do the buses have manual transmissions? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Thinking of getting some ROF multi-player in soon. 

Having a little fun blowing stuff up with the Brisfit in the meantime.

Father Ted

Ahhhh...Lovely RoF.  Do give MP a go Nef - that's when the game really comes alive.