Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Finally got around to trying out the new Aerosoft Airbus A319..... one of my top 2 A/C at the moment.

JudgeDredd

I absolutely loved FSX - and with my addons it looked great. Unfortunately I was getting fed up with having at least one crash every flight. This was especially annoying when using one of the business software addons (FSXPassengers and Air Hauler)...you just couldn;'t make any money.

It sits on my PC - all addons also - in the hope that there's a fix somewhere eventually. But for the last year and likely one or two more, it's pretty much redundant. I just don't have the spare gaming time to waste on a game that's going to crash on me and screw up my career. Even if there was a regular save feature, I wouldn't mind.  :-\
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2014, 10:22:22 AM
I absolutely loved FSX - and with my addons it looked great. Unfortunately I was getting fed up with having at least one crash every flight. This was especially annoying when using one of the business software addons (FSXPassengers and Air Hauler)...you just couldn;'t make any money.

It sits on my PC - all addons also - in the hope that there's a fix somewhere eventually. But for the last year and likely one or two more, it's pretty much redundant. I just don't have the spare gaming time to waste on a game that's going to crash on me and screw up my career. Even if there was a regular save feature, I wouldn't mind.  :-\

probably a simple fix out there JD..

unacom something dll fixes one type of crash.. fsuicp installing the 'free' version fixes another type of crash... after i did those two.. I really have been very stable.. Do I wish I had a beefier system.. sure, but I'm very happy about my stability.

If you want me to find the specifics on those to items let me know, I'll look it up for you.

Also another option is Prepar3d. It's more tailored for 'newer' systems. Just have your daughter fly a few times (then you'd be ok getting the 'cheaper' version on your PC). Also Orbx and many other add ons are compatible with Prepar3d. I'm very tempted to go that route at some time.

JudgeDredd

I tried the fsuicp...I can't say that helped tbh.

I hadn't heard of the other one. I kinda got bored looking for a fix because all the answers I saw were FSUICP - which I'd tried.

I see there's a uiautomationcore.dll to fix some issues. I might give it a try. I'm so bored re-starting my Air Hauler career though. This will be the 3rd time. You can't continue your career because you owe so much money in rent for all the missed payments on your airfield, insurance etc.

I might try this at the weekend (if I've not already done so - the post I found out about this was 2010 and I can't imagine I missed it first time around...or second or third time of looking.

Thanks anyway.
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

I hadn't heard of the other one. I kinda got bored looking for a fix because all the answers I saw were FSUICP - which I'd tried.

I see there's a uiautomationcore.dll to fix some issues. I might give it a try. I'm so bored re-starting my Air Hauler career though. This will be the 3rd time. You can't continue your career because you owe so much money in rent for all the missed payments on your airfield, insurance etc.

I might try this at the weekend (if I've not already done so - the post I found out about this was 2010 and I can't imagine I missed it first time around...or second or third time of looking.

Thanks anyway.

Let us know.. a lot has to do with the config file so we may can look at it.  Just report back what you are seeing and I'll be glad to help out as I have worked through a lot of issues with FSX as I have a crap load of add-ons.

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 17, 2014, 07:23:11 AM

Napoleonic is great.  It's a good combination of FPS and RTS.  ;)

Depends on the mode you enjoy most.

While the mode where players are each leading their own set of AI troops is fun, I still found the plain 'ole FPS multi-player to be the most fun (when there were 30 to 50 players per side!). 

For some reason, not being able to reliably shoot someone from a distance, and long reload times, makes it more of a slow-paced slugfest for a long stretch of time.  Until you and your nearby buddies decide to go charging in with the bayonet for the big gamble.  :)

Of course, there are quite a few different 'roles' to be had.  Various cavalry, firing cannons, etc. 

W8taminute

Quote from: Ian C on November 17, 2014, 03:45:10 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 15, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
I've been on a huge Warband kick lately.  Anno Domini 1257, Warsword, and others.  Now I'm gonna have to check out GEKOKUJO.

I recently discovered this game and I'm very impressed. FPS/operational/strategic game all in one. Graphics are not top-end but so what, the game play is wonderful. You can stick at being a mercenary or become King? Hell yes. Fought in my first tournament, , leading my first company, training up my troops, won a siege and I'm working my way into Nord Society's good books.  I cannot wait for the Viking expansion. This is the game I've been looking for. Can't believe I missed this...

Looking forward to checking out the mods.

I agree and feel the same about this game!!    O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 17, 2014, 11:08:55 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

Thanks anyway.

Let us know.. a lot has to do with the config file so we may can look at it.  Just report back what you are seeing and I'll be glad to help out as I have worked through a lot of issues with FSX as I have a crap load of add-ons.

PE

Thanks PE - I'll have a look at the weekend.
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Airhauler kind of 'bored' me after awhile.. having to log in to setup flights or lose money.. Made it like work! The one that I like is Ideal flight, it rates you on your flight, it also keep track of where you've flown your planes to.. Kind of cool if you land at an airport where your 'other' planes have landed, they will be there in the same spaces you left them parked.  I also like that Plan g (I think I learned of that one from Panzers East here on Grogheads), great tool for planning and monitoring flights!

But yea uiautomationcore.dll is the other one that I needed to fix issues. You have to get the 'right' version and just dump it into your FSX folder. If you need I can email you mine.

Ian C

Quote from: W8taminute on November 17, 2014, 06:01:12 PM
Quote from: Ian C on November 17, 2014, 03:45:10 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 15, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
I've been on a huge Warband kick lately.  Anno Domini 1257, Warsword, and others.  Now I'm gonna have to check out GEKOKUJO.

I recently discovered this game and I'm very impressed. FPS/operational/strategic game all in one. Graphics are not top-end but so what, the game play is wonderful. You can stick at being a mercenary or become King? Hell yes. Fought in my first tournament, , leading my first company, training up my troops, won a siege and I'm working my way into Nord Society's good books.  I cannot wait for the Viking expansion. This is the game I've been looking for. Can't believe I missed this...

Looking forward to checking out the mods.

I agree and feel the same about this game!!    O0

It has everything I want in a game: The first-person experience, roleplaying, a strategic level with the option for intrigue, politics, trading, owning property commanding tactical or strategic battles and the combat is the best hand-to-hand combat I've seen in any game. I don't even care about the graphics being less than photo-real. It's a superb game, period. I took a brief look at the game of thrones mod and the japanese mod and was more blown away.

MengJiao

Asid

Steel Beasts pro
taken by Rotar

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Skoop

This mod looks awesome, I'm definitely going to have to play this.

gameleaper

free wargame 2D turnbased retro, just drawn this map. Im learning how to insert an image so please forgive my errors
here is game link https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3ool0tpwdsg29r/Hexwarrior406D.zip?dl=0