Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

W8taminute

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2015, 12:26:38 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 28, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

^Underwater base building?  That looks like a cool game Jarhead.  What is it?

It's an early access game called Subnautica and I'm pretty hooked so far. It is already really cool and it has tons of potential. Think space engineers, but under water instead of in space.

It takes place far in the future at a time where humans have being colonizing space. You play a colonist whose ship crashes onto an ocean world. You seem to be the only survivor and you must catch food, harvest resources, build equipment,vehicles and bases in order to survive. The graphics are good and the underwater environments are impressive, both in daylight and at night. If you have an interest in underwater exploration, you can't go wrong here

ooo, im liking the sound of that

Me too.  Great premise for a game.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

Quote from: W8taminute on March 29, 2015, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2015, 12:26:38 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 28, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

^Underwater base building?  That looks like a cool game Jarhead.  What is it?

It's an early access game called Subnautica and I'm pretty hooked so far. It is already really cool and it has tons of potential. Think space engineers, but under water instead of in space.

It takes place far in the future at a time where humans have being colonizing space. You play a colonist whose ship crashes onto an ocean world. You seem to be the only survivor and you must catch food, harvest resources, build equipment,vehicles and bases in order to survive. The graphics are good and the underwater environments are impressive, both in daylight and at night. If you have an interest in underwater exploration, you can't go wrong here

ooo, im liking the sound of that

Me too.  Great premise for a game.   O0

The game 'Far Sky' (http://www.farskygame.com/) has a similar premise but set here on Earth. Does anyone have both for comparison?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 20, 2015, 02:31:50 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2015, 02:16:51 PM
Damn, Star.  Those are indeed some amazing screenies. 

(Whichever game that's from, I'm guessing it would make my machine cry like a little bitch.)

its airland battle, i posted them a bit further up not realising star loved the F14 so much

Over the Black Sea (where else?) in an F-86 in DCS:

jomni

My Ukrainian ATGM's destroying those Russian APC's.  But we do get shot up badly after firing the rockets.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 30, 2015, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 20, 2015, 02:31:50 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2015, 02:16:51 PM
Damn, Star.  Those are indeed some amazing screenies. 

(Whichever game that's from, I'm guessing it would make my machine cry like a little bitch.)

its airland battle, i posted them a bit further up not realising star loved the F14 so much

Over the Black Sea (where else?) in an F-86 in DCS:

RAF 3 Squadron P-40C Tomahawk, somewhere near the med, 1941:

jomni

And the Russian assault begins.  I have some split squads defending the first row of houses.  Hope the casualties they dealt are significant enough to justify their loss (massacred).  The fire from the vehicles were just too much.

Close quarters.  Literally.

This is a PBEM by the way.

Oche

G4Ms dropping incendiary bombs over Singapore, January 1942. (IL2-1946)

Martok

I'm liking the various "Leaders" in Stardrive 2.  (It's one of those "little touches" that -- for me, at least -- can often make the difference between a mediocre game and a good game, a good game and a great game, etc.)  It's especially fun to read up on their special abilities, equipment, and/or characteristics...such as this one: 

Yes, his name is "Rambowl".  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

-budd-

fired up PCO after the patch.
the Ferd takes a frontal.

top shot looks quite enough....switch to binocular view.... :o ...wont be the last frontal the Ferd takes.

Stalin's organ....good thing i reversed the stugs out of there, lost the 1 stug earlier.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Nice ones budd....got me thinking I may want to fire it up again with the new patch and check it out.

-budd-

Quote from: Rayfer on April 12, 2015, 01:12:06 PM
Nice ones budd....got me thinking I may want to fire it up again with the new patch and check it out.

i just really like the armor model in this game. you can just run the random scenario/campaign generator and dial up some nice armor battles on i think about 73 different maps.

Switched to AOW 3 and my sinking ship empire finally went under, well technically i surrendered after they killed 2 settlers i was trying to sneak off to build a city and move my throne too.

That was my first go round with the game on any extended basis. I shall revenge.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

Oche....what mods are you using? That game still looks great after all these years.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Oche

No mods installed, stock 4.12.2 version.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18