Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Mount and Blade in 16th century South East Asia.  Gotta love the elephants.

Rayfer

Excellent screenies jomni...! I tried the original mount and blade but could never get good at combat from horseback. Great game though.

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on May 16, 2015, 01:31:31 AM
I need to ask Martok how to say "Battle Stations" in Klingon, because I'm blowin stuff up the classic way.

Awesome!  (It's "may' yaH", by the way.)  8) 

Quote from: jomni on May 18, 2015, 03:25:28 AM
Flying tank?
Ha, that's great.  I immediately heard the Duke boys' "yee-haw!" in my head.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Those elephants are cool.  Did they try to gore attack your men with their horns?  I'd be scared to death to face them in M&B with a polearm or a sword.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on May 19, 2015, 06:25:27 PM
Those elephants are cool.  Did they try to gore attack your men with their horns?  I'd be scared to death to face them in M&B with a polearm or a sword.

Not really. But they do stomp / charge you.  Compared to horses, these guys are tough.  Shooting and stabbing them don't do much damage.  Best to kill the rider.
At the end of the battle, you see many unmanned elephants running around harmlessly as opposed to dead horses.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on May 16, 2015, 02:41:27 AM
^When is Starfleet Command finally coming to GOG?  :-\

Dynaverse.net offers the "Community Edition" for a few dollars.  I have a Beta of it, but it's not terribly stable.  Hopefully their latest release is because I intend to get it.

I think you need CE if you use a 64-bit OS, or Win7 or higher, due to the disk check DRM not working and other possible issues.  AFAICT, they updated some compatability stuff.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2015, 03:03:54 AM
Quote from: Tpek on May 16, 2015, 02:41:27 AM
^When is Starfleet Command finally coming to GOG?  :-\

Dynaverse.net offers the "Community Edition" for a few dollars.  I have a Beta of it, but it's not terribly stable.  Hopefully their latest release is because I intend to get it.

I think you need CE if you use a 64-bit OS, or Win7 or higher, due to the disk check DRM not working and other possible issues.  AFAICT, they updated some compatability stuff.

Tried visiting that website and my first thought was "Help! I've accidentally time traveled back to the late 90's!"  :buck2:

WallysWorld

I bought the CE about six months ago and it works just fine on my Windows 7 64-bit OS. I just wish you could bump the resolution up to widescreen as 1280x1024 is the best I can set the game to.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

PanzersEast

I picked up the Blackbox Prologue A330/A340 and have done several flights to get to know the system and a/c and in rough weather on several of the flights.

Next up 747  ;)

Skoop

Pics look sweet, how's the fidelity ?  Better, worse, or same as aerosoft Airbus a320.  DO you get the a330 and a340 as a pack or separate ?

Also, what scenery are you using ?  Rex with orbx I asssume.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Skoop on May 20, 2015, 10:37:48 AM
Pics look sweet, how's the fidelity ?  Better, worse, or same as aerosoft Airbus a320.  DO you get the a330 and a340 as a pack or separate ?

Also, what scenery are you using ?  Rex with orbx I asssume.

They are not on the level of Aerosoft, however they have a full FMC / Load Manager and pretty accurate flight model.  Aerosoft has them beat hands down on the visuals, especially in the cockpit and the extras like checklist and co-pilot, push-back etc...  System wise they are pretty similar , however the BlackBox does not have ground or weather radar.  If I had to pick then Aerosoft hands down, however for the wide bodies the BB is the best on the market right now for the A33/34 and I have enjoyed flying it.  FMC is all done by hand as there is no import feature, however you can save company routes and panel state once you have it entered or set.

The pack includes both the A330 (200/300/200F/MRTT) and the A340 (300/600) for around $38 usd.  I have been pretty happy with it so far and they are still working on it and adding more features in.

Here is what I am using:

- REX 4 Texture Direct
- REX Soft Clouds
- Active Sky Next
- OPUSFX Dynamic Head Movement / Camera
- ORBX Global
- ORBX Vector
- ORBX openLC Europe
- HD Airport Graphics v3

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 20, 2015, 09:27:49 AM
I bought the CE about six months ago and it works just fine on my Windows 7 64-bit OS. I just wish you could bump the resolution up to widescreen as 1280x1024 is the best I can set the game to.

Good to know.

I'm downloading both Empires At War CE and Orion Pirates right now.   I can't complain about the $6 price of each, even though I'm buying it a second time for compatibility purposes.

Been wanting to play some campaigns in EAW CE but my Beta version was regularly crashing right when I blew something up.   I can get by with a 1280x1024 limit at the moment, since I mostly use it on my laptop's smaller screen.