Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Here's the war at the end of November. I've got strong armies under A.S. Johnson in Bowling Green and Polk in Paducah, Ky. and cavalry raiding across the Ohio River. At Salem, Il. we captured the town and a Supply Depot intact with 464 Supply Carts and 50 Crates of ammo. A nice haul for sure.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 04, 2020, 10:53:53 AM
Got a little ACW 2 in over the weekend and here's the latest. November 1861: If you thought war would be put on hold for bad weather, like I did, you were wrong.

Beauregard pushes up the Shenandoah in the rain and mud to Winchester and looking for dry clothes and gets hit 3 times in one turn. First by Mc Dowell and then twice further by a new player, Edwin Sumner. Beauregard, 'The Rock of the Shenandoah', takes all 3 battles. Here's the largest and bloodiest.
Damn, Beauregard is a beast.  :o 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  The tank riding, no prisoner taking, one eyed, Forward Observer.  ;D

Rayfer

Great screenies MOS.  Makes me want to fire up Red Thunder again soon.

Sir Slash

Damn! That guy looks scary.  :hide:  Guess he REALLY doesn't like Flak Guns.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

That's either a JS-1 or a KV-85.  I can't tell and I'm a bit embarrassed I admit.

What's that tankette the other soldiers are riding on?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Quote from: W8taminute on February 09, 2020, 09:28:00 AM
That's either a JS-1 or a KV-85.  I can't tell and I'm a bit embarrassed I admit.

What's that tankette the other soldiers are riding on?

The tankette is a T-70M.

I think the tank the forward observer is on was a JS-2 (early).  The reason I say think is because you can see the barrel, travel, support mechanism (or whatever the correct terminology is) for 122mm gun.

Interesting the cool stuff you can learn about history by playing games.........  ;D

W8taminute

Yes indeed a lot to be learned from these types of games. 

Yup and I'm embarrassed about the T-70.  I should have known that one but with the turret covered with troops I couldn't tell. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

The last time I played Scrabble I got these letters and I TOLD everyone this was a word. But, nooo. We're not allowed to use the Pillars of Eternity 2 Dictionary.  :nerd:

Sir Slash

Time for an ACW 2 update: Fresh off their victories in The Valley, Confederate forces are badly scattered and without cohesion. But a menacing new build-up of forces in Alexandria, Va. under Nathaniel Banks threatens Manassas and it's Supply Depot there, held by a single division under James Longstreet and a cavalry brigade. So.... Who you gonna call? Beau-re-gard!

But the only Southern forces with any cohesion is the small 14th. Division and Gen. Bee's Brigade. So I send them with Beauregard and a handful of support troops by rail to Manassas. It'll take them 2 days to get there. Will they be in time?

No sooner does Beauregard's train pull into the RR station in Manassas than Banks strikes. The results are below. The South's 4th victory over the North inside of a month. The real hero here is 'Old Pete'. His heavily entrenched division did the lion's share of the fighting... and bleeding. More to follow soon.

Rayfer

Great victory in light of being greatly outnumbered in infantry and artillery.  Generals play a very major part in the outcome of battles in ACW2.

Interesting stuff Sir Slash.  I wish I had more time to learn a new game.  This one is interesting.  You could probably make a simple AAR with screenshots and brief narratives of your campaign if you had the time/patience.  Does it automatically end on a given date (then issue a score) or can you fight as long as you want? 

Sir Slash

This, the Grand Campaign ends in 1866 unless one side scores an automatic victory by causing the other side's National Morale to drop below a certain score, I can't remember what, but this usually happens if one side captures the other's Capital. Playing as the North, I won when I took Richmond automatically but otherwise it keeps going and the side with the largest Victory Point total wins depending on the difference between the scores. I'll show some of that at the end of 1861. I thought I'd post this here because I don't want to interfere or confuse people with Tripoli's excellent AAR of the same game he's doing now. He inspired me to take this game up again, I'd long neglected.

Rayfer's right about the Generals, Beauregard's numbers are 5-4-4, which translates to Strategic-Offense-Defense. Longstreet is a 5-2-6. His, '6' Defense is probably the highest in the game. Put them together and you get a very potent defensive duo.  O0 But it's also important that Longstreet had 4 turns to sit in Manassas and entrench to Level 4 when we needed every man we could get to fight in The Valley. But Manassas being an Objective City, it was only a matter of time before the Yankees came that way. Still, it was a tough decision to make and that's what's so great about this game, more so than most of the other AGEOD games I've played, every turn there's many tough calls to make.

Glad you're enjoying it guys.

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  Crunchies.   (Look at the tracks).

Staggerwing

Those look like friendly crunchies...  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys