Main Menu

Airsoft?

Started by Jarhead0331, June 29, 2014, 07:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

...speaking about kitted guys  ;)

the uploader has high quality filming Airsoft events as hobby and it shows (check his channel) ...well, he cant pick the actors for his documentations  so ;-)   

i would suggest that airsofplayer mandatory carry the full weight of the reallife clips in form of small leadplates, that they may drop when they use up their ammo accordingly
but running around with thousends of rounds ...and spray n pray is kind of odd, IMHO
(not in the video above, those have a lot of firediscipline for the  airsoftscene it seems)       

Centurion40

Those guys take it damned seriously!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Jarhead0331

I'm totally obsessed with this game now. It takes up a good part of my weekend, as well as a good part of my imagination. I'm constantly thinking about how I can improve my kit and modify my weapons. The game is a real blast. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new combat action sport.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 26, 2014, 09:50:14 AM
I'm totally obsessed with this game now. It takes up a good part of my weekend, as well as a good part of my imagination. I'm constantly thinking about how I can improve my kit and modify my weapons. The game is a real blast. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new combat action sport.

It sounds like a blast. I've thought about doing it before, but the last thing I need is another hobby where I can dump endless streams of cash into it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 26, 2014, 09:50:14 AM

It sounds like a blast. I've thought about doing it before, but the last thing I need is another hobby where I can dump endless streams of cash into it.

I'm easily in for about $2,000 total so far.  Admittedly, I've gone a bit off the deep end, but I'm enjoying it so much and its great exercise so I can justify it to myself and to the wife.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

LongBlade

Well, I've recently returned to shooting real guns as a hobby. Managed to dump close to $2k into that so far and I still feel like a neophyte.

That airsoft SAW has your name written all over it, though!

GDS_Starfury

few things are more fun then driving tacks with a properly sighted M-4/Ar-15.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 26, 2014, 11:37:36 AM
few things are more fun then driving tacks with a properly sighted M-4/Ar-15.

I bought a mini-30. It's a lot of fun. Took my kids out to the range this summer and taught them some basic safety. Then we poked holes in paper. It was great.

Jarhead0331

I have very little desire to shoot real steel these days. The environment here is too hostile and ammo is too expensive. I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse and that's about it.  I'll still shoot pistol on occasion just to stay somewhat sharp and competent, but other than that, it's all 6mm bbs for me now. I'm using my airsoft guns more than I've used my real guns in years and the best part? With airsoft, you actually get to shoot people without going to jail or having a guilty conscience.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

LongBlade

I feel for you.

I would never want to live in NYC.

Rather than a Grog fortress we could probably do just a range.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 12:27:33 PM
I feel for you.

I've always assumed that at least one range would be on the grounds!

GDS_Starfury

why do I have a vision of Gus sitting at the end of a field holding up a bullseye?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 12:27:33 PM
I feel for you.

I'm not in NYC so I don't have it THAT bad.  The problem is I'm in New York State and Gov. Cuomo is a cock sucker.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Silent Disapproval Robot

Could be worse.  The Keystone Kops here in parts of Canuckistan are sending SWAT teams to arrest people who own Airsoft guns.  Even worse, rather than admitting they may have over-reacted, they're abusing the power of the state to force the accused to bankrupt themselves in order to be cleared of charges.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/09/20140915-145655.html

Centurion40

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 26, 2014, 02:53:15 PM
Could be worse.  The Keystone Kops here in parts of Canuckistan are sending SWAT teams to arrest people who own Airsoft guns.  Even worse, rather than admitting they may have over-reacted, they're abusing the power of the state to force the accused to bankrupt themselves in order to be cleared of charges.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/09/20140915-145655.html

Dude's a Pats fan.  Jail's too good for him!  ;)