Main Menu

Thoughts?

Started by steve58, May 13, 2015, 07:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

^Nice. It's Star's Star.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: steve58 on May 13, 2015, 07:26:38 AM
...just curious what my fellow Grogheads think of this logo.

I'll post more on it later, but just wanted to get some of your reactions to it first.
What the Effing F??!!  :o  :o  :o 

How blind/dumb could they be??  Did no one at their company look at the logo and go, "Hold on guys.  Does this look familiar to anyone else?" 

Holy hell, the stupidity is mind-boggling here... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Go to their FB page... someone tried to point out the problem...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Southern-Tees/153229698074751

Not so obvious in the bright yellow and orange... but the dark blue (almost black!) version for their profile pic....  ???

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on May 13, 2015, 01:23:55 PM
Go to their FB page... someone tried to point out the problem...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Southern-Tees/153229698074751

Not so obvious in the bright yellow and orange... but the dark blue (almost black!) version for their profile pic....  ???

That would be funny if it weren't so pathetically stupid and scary. Those dingbats can't see that the logo looks like a friggin SS symbol.  :uglystupid2:

Are we sure they aren't a front company for some white supremacy group?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Even without the NAZI iconography, this shit is weird

Arctic Blast

Reminds me of the logo for a direct order/manufacture company called Swell Source :

Nefaro

The logo would be less obvious if not for the blatant use of the red, white, and black colors in it.  :o

Makes you wonder if whomever created the logo was taking a hostile shot at the company.  :idiot2:

bayonetbrant

I actually know some people associated with the company. Trust me they are not that self aware
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 13, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
I actually know some people associated with the company. Trust me they are not that self aware

Yeah, yeah. But what of my merit badge?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

So this is accidental?? Both the SS t-shirt in Walmart and the Simply Southern logo? That can't be possible. Is 70 years that much time to be removed from those events? To think - I felt my faith in humanity had bottomed out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Wal Mart was just trying to put a skull on there. I guarantee the designer wasn't thinking abiut where the skulk came from.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

Shockingly Stupid logo. Or maybe they are skinheads. Even the duck would hide it's head in shame.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

undercovergeek

Is this because trendy 20 something's are the go to source of all things creative and 'urban' and they really have no frikking idea what it is they just 'designed'?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 14, 2015, 03:50:00 AMIs this because trendy 20 something's are the go to source of all things creative and 'urban' and they really have no frikking idea what it is they just 'designed'?

That's what I think is happening

Most of the graphic design students I've had over the years had an appalling understanding of history, so something like this totally would not surprise me