Parenthood teaches you patience...

Started by republic, January 19, 2013, 06:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

A few hours ago.   My 5 year old little girl:   "Umm...daddy I did something on accident you need to see.  ...um and your going to be mad."

Staggerwing

Darn...

Well, you probably watch too much football anyway. It might be good for you!  (ducks behind cover)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

My guess is she jumped up and tried to hang off of it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

republic

Ya it looked too tempting.  I suppose I should invest in some monkeybars.  :)

After my initial irritation, I was actually proud of her for coming right to me to tell me.  Makes me feel good to bring a little more honor into the world.  Though...I would like to watch TV.  :)

Longdan

You can explain that all to her when you sell her to Gypsies to pay for a new one.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

republic

lol

I want to meet the guy who decided to skimp on a bolt and connect that thing with a weird nub of metal...

Gusington

Just breathe. At least it wasn't your PC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: republic on January 19, 2013, 06:52:04 PM
Ya it looked too tempting.  I suppose I should invest in some monkeybars.  :)

After my initial irritation, I was actually proud of her for coming right to me to tell me.  Makes me feel good to bring a little more honor into the world.  Though...I would like to watch TV.  :)

Gus is right about the PC, but if all the cables are intact you can probably duct tape it until a tech gets out to fix it. :)

Good on her for being honest. It's a sign you're doing something right :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

Now she has no future in politics she's going to have to learn a trade.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

TheCommandTent

For punishment she has to stand outside and hold the receiver together until you can watch TV.  :D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

republic

Unfortunately in my attempt to southern engineer it I put a screw right through the copper core of the wire...actually...both wires.  :)

Staggerwing

Tell Dish Network you are thinking of switching to DirecTv but that you could be persuaded to stay on for a new dish. Maybe they'll send you one, who knows?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys