The AI thread. Utopia, or extinction.

Started by Ubercat, October 16, 2022, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Perhaps the new AI Superbrain could even write my posts here for me. Something thought-provoking while still being crude enough to convince you all it's still me. That might take it awhile though.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 08, 2023, 11:29:04 AMWhat if it becomes sentient and murders everyone you've ever loved?  :Nerd:

That might be the most efficient way to handle all Slash's anniversaries, birthdays, and doctor's appointments!

"Death solves all scheduling problems: no man, no problem!" -- Stalin (paraphrased)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

So we've got this ai business, a chip that they installed in monkey that supposedly can download it's thoughts, and this theory of trans humanism. 

All of these things put together can make for some programmable obedient slaves.  I'm not making this stuff up, you can find all of this from Yuval Noah Harari, who is Klaus Schwab's right hand man.   
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^That reads like it was written by AI.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Right now every Bond villain since Thunderball is thinking, "Why the hell didn't I think of that"?   :doh: 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

If you doubt the value of AI...behold  :twirl:

"Wes Anderson" Presents Lord or the Rings and Star Wars

Bill Murray as Gandalf / Obi-wan Kenobi
Timothee Chalamet as Frodo / Luke
Scarlett Johansson as Leia
Tida Swinton as Galadriel
Edward Norton as Aragorn / Han Solo
Benicio Del Toro as Gimli
Adrien Brody as Legolas / Chewbacca
Jeff Goldblum as Elrond / The Emperor
Ben Stiller as Boromir
Willem Dafoe as Smeagol / Tarkin
Owen Wilson as Sauron / Darth Vader

Scarlett Johannson as Leia is not a bad trade for the destruction of mankind...IMHO... :Dreamer:  ;)

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

On a serious note, AI is apparently more strict about rule enforcement than humans...according to MIT.

Well, anyone who has watched Robcop could have told them that...:)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/mit-scientists-find-something-alarming-about-artificial-intelligence/ar-AA1b17Vu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e7229f4a62e842968860f32550b12cab&ei=19
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Gusington

AT your last two posts are gold.

If that is indeed you...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

A Star Wars remake with all the characters as kittens would be cuter. Darth Tabby in a TIE Fighter would rock.  :RockOn:

SirAndrewD

I used some AI face swapping technology to make a really really interesting X-Files remake, featuring Scully very heavily. 

No.  I am not sharing.

However let me now officially cast my vote on the Utopia side.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

It turns out that some of the first workers to lose their jobs to AI will be all those 'PHD candidates' earning an extra buck answering sex lines.

Happened innocently enough...;)

So....  an "influencer" decides to make an "AI" version of herself as a virtual girlfriend for the 'lonely' folks out there.

For $1 / min you can talk to this girl friend.

But the "influencer" is shocked that the AI is out of control and the virtual girlfriend has turned 'erotic'...oh no!!! The "influencer" is working "around the clock" to fix the problem...;) and getting a little publicity along the way.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/influencer-who-created-ai-version-of-herself-says-its-gone-rogue-and-shes-working-around-the-clock-to-stop-it-saying-sexually-explicit-things/ar-AA1b3w0M

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

JasonPratt

As I recall from an article somewhere, the AI for replacing E-girls is already online and predictably went too far, requiring its hosting site to crack down on it -- triggering lawsuit threats from incels addicted to the fake characters as their girlfriends!

I'm sure I can find a video report on it when I get back to the house; I think the Lotus-Eaters had a typically snarky but in-depth video about it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!