Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Road Warrior traditional Roguelike Car WArgame
« Last post by MiniHexer on Yesterday at 11:27:39 PM »
Looks like a post apocalypse Dwarf Fortress!

If you know the old steve jackson game CAR WARS your on the right track, its called road warrior because I cant call it ??? Max :)
Computer Gaming / Re: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Last post by CapnKirk on Yesterday at 09:51:06 PM »
Windows 11: Meet the new OS, same as the old OS (or close enough)

I keep naively hoping that Windows 11 will be a significant change from 10, but I know that's more than likely a pipe dream.

Can we just bring back windows 7 with the the option to have a windows xp/classic looking gui?
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by CapnKirk on Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM »
Thanks guys!  I've gotta be careful, don't want to make the wife jealous by posting such spicy pics on the nets.
Computer Gaming / Re: Road Warrior traditional Roguelike Car WArgame
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:13:30 PM »
Looks like a post apocalypse Dwarf Fortress!
Computer Gaming / Re: John Tiller Games Sale: Looking for Advice/Suggestions
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:12:32 PM »
Are there any JTS titles covering Army Group North on the eastern front? They all seem to be Group Center and South for some reason.
SB Red Victory does. I think SB Advance of the Reich has a couple, although there are a lot of user made scenarios which cover this for both games. Tanks at Rossienie immediately springs to mind. FWIW, Rossienie is a 1941 battle about the push into Lithuania.
I watched part of the Live Stream on Steam and you've definitely put in a lot of hours on this game. Best of luck to you on this one.
Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Tripoli on Yesterday at 07:56:04 PM »
Man alive, I forgot how bad the graphics are in Dangerous Waters LOL.  I got the stock game running, but I don't think I have LWAMI installed.  Let me goof off with it some more and see what I come up with.

Yeah, the graphics in DW are a bit rugged.  However, in 2005, they were okay.  I think Sonoanalysis basically revamped some of their Navy training software for the DW commercial release, so the guts of program probably date to the late 1990's.  Most of the time I'm playing, I'm looking at the waterfall displays, so the graphics aren't a big deal, but it is a bit painful when you go to the external views.  :) But I think that under the hood, there still  isn't a more realistic modern ASW game available for purchase by the public.  If anyone is intersted, I'll post some AARs. of me trying to relearn how to sail and fight an FFG .  It ain't pretty, trust me.  In the real world, they would have pulled my SWO pin.    :)
Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Toonces on Yesterday at 07:17:36 PM »
Man alive, I forgot how bad the graphics are in Dangerous Waters LOL.  I got the stock game running, but I don't think I have LWAMI installed.  Let me goof off with it some more and see what I come up with.
Thank you for the warm wishes, it's good to share a new WeGo game with the world after many months of research and programming! Launch has gone smoothly today and we're getting ready to work on future free content updates.
Computer Gaming / Re: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Last post by al_infierno on Yesterday at 03:52:16 PM »
Windows 11: Meet the new OS, same as the old OS (or close enough)

AKA sounds like the upgrade doesn't get you much...

https://www.theregister.com/2021/06/21/windows_11_column/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10