Author Topic: [closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !  (Read 23022 times)

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
Re: [recruiting]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
I haven't played enough empires to have a favorite so to speak.

I'm fine going random...I like challenge getting the snot kicked outta me :D
Insert witty comment here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:05 AM »
If people are new to this, perhaps its best to just team up in-game to avoid fraticide. :)

That's fine with me (and I agree about it being safest and less annoying for people new to the game), but this has to be settled before we can send in our pretenders.

Also, someone will have to be appointed king (or appoint themselves  :D ), or whatever the terminology is, because that also makes a difference in what category of pretender is designed: the king has to tell the game he's setting up that kind of pretender, and the disciples have to tell the game they're setting up disciple pretenders.

....um, also, if you're like me (and I know I am), you may have no idea what distinctions are involved in being a disciple and being a king-or-whatever-it's-called. AM I GOING TO HAVE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THIS?!?

(yes, the answer is yes  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Yskonyn

• Global Moderator
  • Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »
Yes of course.  :arr: There is no substitute for RTFM. Well... there is, but I expect everyone to at least WTFYT .

Indeed; Watch The F*cking YouTubes.

Votes are open for being the real God instead of a puny Disciple. You may vote for yourself.

I vote for ME!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
This is going to end up like that Pirate King voting scene in PotC3, isn't it? "I vote for her."  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Yskonyn

• Global Moderator
  • Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 01:55:31 AM »
Well, if people lost their tongue I'll just roll dice and get going.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 06:27:39 AM »
Speaking of RTFM...Apologies, I've been in the middle of building my new box and just realized that Win 7 does not play nice with NVMe drives.

Offline mkivcs

• Velites
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 03:20:56 PM »
Apologies for the slackness, I think I rolled death +5 in the Christmas stakes. Anyway I should shortly  be back to having a functioning brain but in the meantime I'll take Ulm (if free) on the basis of its not Ermor and I notice a big section on how to play it well in the manual. Thus well informed I will be able to decide that I know better and do something totally different.

As to Lord I'll pass and vote for whoever tops the poll thus increasing their majority and securing myself first dibs on the kickbacks.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
Well, I've rolled up a disciple, but I don't have a game name to send him to!  :buck2:

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »
I'll take Jotunhiem if everyone's ok with that.

Rolling a disciple now.

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
Question - does this mean we need to roll a disciple and not a pretender god?

Offline Beowulf

• Velites
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 12:25:46 AM »
What Age are we playing in?

Offline Yskonyn

• Global Moderator
  • Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »
Middle Age. See the first post.

Offline Beowulf

• Velites
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 08:37:06 AM »
Thanks, my bad.

In that case, I'd like to go with Vanheim.

Offline Yskonyn

• Global Moderator
  • Landsknecht
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
Question - does this mean we need to roll a disciple and not a pretender god?

Yes!

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
Well, I've rolled up a disciple, but I don't have a game name to send him to!  :buck2:

Bumping my question disguised cleverly as a statement...  :peace: