[ended, Barth won!]Civ 6 + all expansions PBEM game recruiting

Started by Yskonyn, October 25, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

No it saves under the name of the next player.
Player 3 is Roosevelt. So that looks correct.
Remeber I sent you the save called Peter while I am, in fact, Wilhelmina. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

So.. if there are 4 humans and 2 AI players when do the AI player turns run? After the last player before he saves OR before the first player when he loads up?

I guess it really doesn't matter... just curious...

Diplomacy will be a little disjointed as well. You make an offer and have to wait until your next turn to see the results....

Yskonyn

I have no idea really.
Diplomacy works as normal though. It basically remains a singleplayer game with save file sharing.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Barthheart

Yskonyn

Did you guys need to rename the file as well?

Yskonyn

Ok, now that I've got the turn back I can elaborate on how to load your game without any fuss.

-First let the PYDT client download your turn.
-When it says its complete, start Civ.
-Go in the main menu to Multiplayer / Hotseat
-Click on the 'Load Game' button at the bottom of the screen.
-Select the game called 'PYDT Play this One!'
-Civ will then show the lobby and you press 'Start' at the bottom to load your new turn.
-After loading into the game press 'Start Turn'.
-Give your orders and when you press 'End Turn' you see a window with the NEXT PLAYER'S name in the header. Press Save Game and PDYT will pop up with a msg that it has detected a new save.
-Choose to upload it, then exit Civ and wait for the next turn!
(if you wonder how to exit without Alt F4, look in the topright corner of the screen; there is a menu button)

No renaming necessary.
Incidentally using these steps also show my own empire's loading screen (after a long black screen 'Loading'), but it might be so cause I am hosting.

Barthheart

It showed your, Dutch, start screen for me too. I think we all get that as you started the game.

Yskonyn

Ok, sorry.  :peace:
Its hard looking at a slightly obese elderly lady each time you load a turn. 🤗

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2018, 04:10:23 AM
Ok, now that I've got the turn back I can elaborate on how to load your game without any fuss.

-First let the PYDT client download your turn.
-When it says its complete, start Civ.
-Go in the main menu to Multiplayer / Hotseat
-Click on the 'Load Game' button at the bottom of the screen.
-Select the game called 'PYDT Play this One!'
-Civ will then show the lobby and you press 'Start' at the bottom to load your new turn.
-After loading into the game press 'Start Turn'.
-Give your orders and when you press 'End Turn' you see a window with the NEXT PLAYER'S name in the header. Press Save Game and PDYT will pop up with a msg that it has detected a new save.
-Choose to upload it, then exit Civ and wait for the next turn!
(if you wonder how to exit without Alt F4, look in the topright corner of the screen; there is a menu button)

No renaming necessary.
Incidentally using these steps also show my own empire's loading screen (after a long black screen 'Loading'), but it might be so cause I am hosting.

No joy.
The downloaded file has the same name as it did for turn 1 '(PYDT) with no suffix. After starting Civ6 and working through the various screens until clicking on the 'Load Game' button... the only games available are the renamed turn 1 download '(PYDT)0001 and the saved game that was sent on to Anguille TEDDY ROOSEVELT 1 4000 BC. I can certainly continue to rename the files but I thought I'd let you know that the renaming is still necessary. After the renaming, everything proceeds just as you've outlined above.

Barthheart

That's very weird because I did not have to rename anything....

Are you using the PYDT client or downloading from the site?

I used the client and as soon as I open CIv VI hotseat load screen there's the save game....

Yskonyn

That's really strange...
I think you might be the only one needing to rename? Anguille?

Millipede

The only thing that I can think of is that the file that I download to start my turn needs to be named Peter * #.Civ6Save (* is turn number and # is date and Civ6Save won't be visible). Is there a way to accomplish that?

Yskonyn

Might it be that I need to name your save something specific, me being in front of you, so to speak? I just save with the default given name by the game.

Barthheart

Quote from: Millipede on November 02, 2018, 08:12:58 AM
The only thing that I can think of is that the file that I download to start my turn needs to be named Peter * #.Civ6Save (* is turn number and # is date and Civ6Save won't be visible). Is there a way to accomplish that?

Why does it "need" to be named that way? The file I open is called  'PYDT Play this One!'.... And I just save over the same file and the PYDT client immediately pops up and wants to send the file again.