[finished] Beliwyr Grogs (Dominions 5)

Started by Yskonyn, October 13, 2019, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajidica

Instead of generating a map, we could just play on one of the ones that shipped with the game, like Peliwyr. Avoid the boxed-in problems and has generally balanced start positions.

EDIT: My personal opinion is to not have any AI players, but I'm good with whatever.

solops

I am good with whatever on the map and the AIs. I just figured out my Agartha problem AND learned a valuable lesson: the olm are ranged troops. Duh!  Now you guys know what kind of noob you are dealing with :)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

I am perfectly fine with no AI.

Peliwyr is a nice map, but quite big for only 4 players. Its also full wraparound (North-South and East-West) which might be a struggle for solops.
I think a non wrap around map might be better suited? Technically we could make Peliwyr non wraparound, but that will make the map unbalanced.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

solops

I normally play with an E-W wrap-around. I guess I am fine with the E-W and N-S wrap. As far as large...could be good, could be bad. Will favor early expanders, for sure unless we put in some AIs. I am good with anything. I see this as a great adventure, like a pacifist going to visit the starving cannibals.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

Thats a great mentality solops:notworthy:

In that case we're going for the Peliwyr map afterall. I'll setup the game on llamaserver.
Please all, send me the email address you want to use to receive the game's turns by PM.

Also one last thing: Do we want to play a Thrones of Ascension (if so how many points) or Conquest?

Also, a note about giving up. Life happens or whatever other reason comes up that makes one rather quit playing. If you want out, please put yourself on AI first. That way the rest of the players at least have a functioning opponent left, instead of a stale one.
I have no illusion we will find a substitute easily on this forum, so I am fine with going AI for this particular game.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ajidica

My vote is Thrones of Ascension victory. If we have four players, six thrones total with four level ones and two level two thrones, requiring five points to win? Should result in some good fights over the level two thrones and the 5 pts to win reduces the likelihood of a throne rush coming from nowhere if one could get away with just two thrones.

Also, I misspoke when referring to maps! Peliwyr is the 6+ player map. I meant Biddyn which is set up for 4+ players.

Further, I don't remember sending W8taminute my email address when I played games with him. I would prefer not to be distributing my email address around as it has my real name. W8taminute and I never had any problems with random people joining our game while it was being setup.

Lastly, since nobody else has claimed it, I would like to play as EA Ermor. (This is the nice Ermor, no cancerous horde of freespawned skeletons!)

Yskonyn

Game has been created!

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Beliwyr_Grogs

Nevermind the name, I made a mistake and joined Peliwyr and Biddyn together. :)
I'll take Caelum.

I remembered to require all your emails. Seems not, so thats great.
Start thinking about pretenders guys!

solops

Not quite sure what to do. I have my Pretender "2h" file ready, but cannot find a place to "enter" it on the llamaserver link above. What am I overlooking. Yskonyn, you have my e-mail in your PM inbox. The proposed map say 4-8 players. I don't know how the heck they could get 8 players on it. I started up a 4 nation game and ran into a neighbor in  5 or 6 turns. Took a bit more to find his city.

solops

BTW, I found the save files at C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Dominions5\savedgames\ using Win7.

W8taminute

Awesome stuff guys!  I was away from the internet all day yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of discussion I see here this morning.  When I get home tonight I'll submit my pretender for Vanheim. 

Ajidica I laughed out loud when I read your comment about my blessed Vanheres.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Yskonyn

Solops, please read note 5 in the original post.
You make your pretender then send its file per email to llama as described.
Once all pretenders are in and I press go the first batch of turns will be sent out.
You then place that file into your savedgames folder, play the turn and send the result file back to llama per email.
Just make sure you have our game's name in the subject title. The rest Llama will sort for us.

solops

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I read that earlier post and thought "Huh...that can't be right, can it? How would the llama know what to do with this? How would the llama have time to sort all of these files for all these games and still make a mortgage payment?"
Now I can see how it is automated by the game name in the subject title, right? If someone does this all by hand, they deserve a medal and some free M&Ms .

Ajidica

Pretender submitted.

Looking forward to starting!

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

OK, you guys are making me look bad. I'll do it after supper.

Done. My Pretender is sent.