[finished] Beliwyr Grogs (Dominions 5)

Started by Yskonyn, October 13, 2019, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMeInTeam

I heard you guys were considering another game from Ajidica.  I'd be interested, even though it will be my first MP run.  If we're doing MA I'll take Xibalba even though I know they're supposed to be bad.  I've played them more than other factions at least.

solops

Great! I am still playing around with nations. I'd like to know what kind of map we are using before picking a nation.

This will be my second MP game. Some of the other guys are pretty experienced, but they seem to be using the game as a testing ground, which gives me a chance to compete....I think  :)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

What counts as experienced?  I can't put up scripts and runs like Lucid or Perun on YouTube, but I can generally win SP games and know how to path boost and break into new magic for a nation etc.

W8taminute

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on January 29, 2020, 04:23:44 PM
What counts as experienced?  I can't put up scripts and runs like Lucid or Perun on YouTube, but I can generally win SP games and know how to path boost and break into new magic for a nation etc.

That's pretty good.  I would count you as experienced then.  Ajidica is the most crafty out of all of us here.  I would guess that solops and myself are equals and you sound like you are not that far behind. 

Well this makes four of us for this game.  Ajidica, solops, TheMeInTeam, and myself.  Enough to start a game I think no?   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

I would really like 5 if we can snag Yskonyn...maybe?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

I am afraid I have to pass, gentlemen. I have 5 PBeM games running, of different titles.  :nerd:

BUT if you guys do another one after this one is finished, hit me up again!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

TheMeInTeam

I tried to recruit a 5th for us but he doesn't feel ready for MP and I don't think anything I say will change his mind for now unfortunately.  Even the fact that I'm not necessarily ready for MP either :p.

W8taminute

Thanks for trying  :)

Well I'm ok with just the four of us if everyone agrees.  Otherwise it's looking unlikely we'll find a 5th person soon. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

solops

Ok. Re map - how about something with just EW wrap? And maybe a teeny bit more distance between starting points? As a beginner I kept thinking I was going to get rushed as the neutrals were pretty weak and there were no AIs.

TheMeInTeam

AIs rush all the time too haha.  Should be doable with NAPs, though bigger map will emphasize the mid-late game more.  I don't have a preference since I don't have any MP experience from which to formulate one.  I do like E/W and N/S wraps though, because there's less chance of someone getting dumped in a location that traps them with water and/or sticks capital on literal edge of the map (fewer resources in cap circle). 

Ajidica

The map that W8aminute and I used for a couple of our games is an east-west wrap and had plenty of space. It was getting to like turn 20 before we even saw each other!

solops

If you think it is ok for four of us I'm ok with it. TMIT has a a point about edges, but I really found that last double-wrap map disorienting. I'll go along with whatever the rest of you want.

W8taminute

Quote from: Ajidica on February 07, 2020, 09:16:30 PM
The map that W8aminute and I used for a couple of our games is an east-west wrap and had plenty of space. It was getting to like turn 20 before we even saw each other!

I liked that map and yes I agree there was plenty of room to move about.  Four players should fit nicely. 

Shall I start up a game?  MA, independents strength 6, renaming generals on, no score graphs, minimum random events, and anything else you guys want?

solops

Ajidica

On throne, for the last game we went with six total thrones - four level 1 and two level 2, requiring five points to win.

I was able to execute a throne rush, although that was only possible because I had recruitable Holy 3s. If I go with MA Shinuyama as I'm planning, that problem is neatly avoided!

Oh, and my vote for research is to keep it at whatever the default is.